Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A bouncing rock broke the left taillight on my 2018 Challenger Scat Pack. The local dealer quoted $523 w/tax for the left side taillight assembly part. That does not include installation.

Since the light still works fine and it’s just the outer plastic that broke, is there a way to replace only the external lens rather than the whole assembly?

There is also an Evan Fischer brand taillight assembly online for $198 that is supposed to be OEM equivalent, any experience with that?

Finally, can anyone advise if my dealer is overcharging or if that is actually the market rate for these?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
68403955AB

It's an assembly, not aware of anyone selling just lenses. The ebay link is OEM

A Guy

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! I just ordered the part and will hopefully find it as easy to replace as predicted.

Saved me $400 from the dealer’s out the door quote that included 1 hr labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Remove

Install

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I scratched my middle assembly taking off the letters. I was quoted $1200, it's one big assembly. I put a Challenger badge over the scratch............

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Yeah, the center panel is both inside lights and the center panel and upper trim with trunk switch, so it's more expensive

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts