Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....was driving through South Carolina and had a yellow Challenger come up behind me....had head light cover and a black grill guard...looked bad A** Anyone else see one like this? Where can you buy the guard....seriously loved the look....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was it....hmmm...popo....must have been tailing me....didnt have any other marking to show it being a cop....and the combo with the headlight covers made it pop.....

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Don't be so quick to say that. I've seen just about everything made into a cop car around here on long island. You just have to know what to look for to tell whether it is or isn't.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Grumpit, thanks for posting that site. I enjoyed looking at the LE equipment and reading the info. We did not have that in my day. The last Dodge I drove professsionally would only do 140mph. I wonder what that dealer did to tweak 400 hp in that Challenger. And bumped the speed up to 165.
My goal is to get another 30hp in my RT. giving me just a tad over 400hp. I don't know the best way to do that as of yet.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I actually kinda like it...looks mean, and would give me a better idea of where the heck the front of the car is when pulling in lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So no one really knows where I could buy it....I actually think I would mount that on my DWB R/T. The dark blue with the black guard and headlight covers....I think it'd look bad a**...JMO

·
Registered
653 Posts
It's actually called a push bumper. They're mainly used on highway patrol cars for clearing cars from a lane to ease traffic before the wreckers arrive. I've seen them used before (volunteer EMT), obviously not on a Challenger but the Crown Vics have them.
Here's one: Setina PB400 Steel Push Bumper - SS120 - Galls.com

You may be able to order one outfitted for a Charger (the newest police car) because it's the same platform as the Challenger, but don't quote me on that. Here's a link to the charger ones:
Charger Push Bumpers
obviously you can't get the ones like the first two since they're wrap arounds but give them a call Monday and check it out. I'm thinking that they should be universal because they don't actually ask what model car you own, just if it's a car or a truck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like the subdued graphics on that Broward County car.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Murdock1,

Carid is a vendor on here and I think I saw what you are talking about there. If not them, then just google grille covers. One or the other will get you what you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took my 2011 RT 5.7; installed cat back exhaust, CAI, 85mm throttle body (90 would have required porting the intake manifold), and tuned with a Diablo T1000 to 93 octane. With the Diablo you can override the 160 MPH Speed limiter (set mine to 190) as well as increase your rev limiter from the 5500 stock set (set mine a couple hundred above red line), and increased throttle responsiveness by 10%. The Diablo Tuner is freaking awesome! I'm old school - 53 years old....still remember advancing or retarding the distributor and messing with points. Now it's all touch screen electronics with instantaneous results. Would you believe my fuel MPH has improved? The ENGINE is breathing like it was designed to do. They are like Harleys......you get it stock and you build the shit out of it. By removing the stock exhaust you will drop the dead weight from the baffle boxes and smaller mufflers. All those items above are all easy bolt on added HP. I've not out it on a dyno, but trust me, this thing would give any stock SRT8 a run for it's money now....especially with me driving....lol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Interesting story about that red car in the pic with the pushbar, it is Owned by the owner of Gooichi Motors, and it is now gray with no pushbar and a 440 (maybe?) stroker and a giant whipple....super mean.

And the pushbar, well it is on my 2011 SRT8. I have actually had to use it a couple of times to push broken down vehicles (Once a friends broken down 10,000lb food truck!) out of traffic lanes.

it is my 4th car with a pushbar on the front, and I will not go back, too much usefulness, combined with a strange evil look, and I grew up watch the Dukes of Hazard so a dodge with a push bumper just works for me.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Something like this? Seen at Springfest 12 on Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Took my 2011 RT 5.7; installed cat back exhaust, CAI, 85mm throttle body (90 would have required porting the intake manifold), and tuned with a Diablo T1000 to 93 octane. With the Diablo you can override the 160 MPH Speed limiter (set mine to 190) as well as increase your rev limiter from the 5500 stock set (set mine a couple hundred above red line), and increased throttle responsiveness by 10%. The Diablo Tuner is freaking awesome! I'm old school - 53 years old....still remember advancing or retarding the distributor and messing with points. Now it's all touch screen electronics with instantaneous results. Would you believe my fuel MPH has improved? The ENGINE is breathing like it was designed to do. They are like Harleys......you get it stock and you build the shit out of it. By removing the stock exhaust you will drop the dead weight from the baffle boxes and smaller mufflers. All those items above are all easy bolt on added HP. I've not out it on a dyno, but trust me, this thing would give any stock SRT8 a run for it's money now....especially with me driving....lol.
Rofl. If you can even make it to 160 on that 5.7l HEMI your drive shaft is going to make you pay for it. And no, they are not like Harleys, a tiny tune and a CAI and exhaust and a TB isn't going to make yours destroy a 6.4l. Good luck thinking you are better than those with the 6.4l though...that "dead weight" is what, 40lbs? Seriously though that old 5.7l truck motor ain't gonna touch a 6.4l HEMI unless the driver does not care. Remember you are kinda driving a yacht with two doors, but no, just no on the 5.7 vs a 6.4l, esp with "bolt ons"

Also wasn't this about a brush guard, not you thinking you can fly to the moon with the old 5.7?:eek:rder::boohoo: Glad you enjoy the car, but no way you can spout b.s. like "I spent 700 on bolt ons so mine is faster than a SRT" You have a truck engine. The 6.4l is so far beyond the 5.7l that you are embarrassing it. This is me talking coming from the 6.1l SRT, then I went to a GT-500, now I have CTS-V, but seriously, whatever you "think" you are pulling pony wise, it ain't comparable to a 6.4l. This just popped up on my email and I felt I had to gather my login information to call you out. So silly. A bone stock SRT 6.4l would destroy yours, end of story, you are allowed to dream though. :elephant:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts