Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 R/T (Uconnect 5) has an ungodly loud BSM chime if you enable it. I've had BSM in other dodge vehicles that worked great, but for some reason this one is so loud it downright scares the hell the out you when it chimes. Is there some hidden settings menu to tone this down? Or is there a way to tap into the computer and turn it down? I don't want to deactivate it, just make it an alert vs. a gunshot in my ear.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
My 2016 R/T (Uconnect 5) has an ungodly loud BSM chime if you enable it. I've had BSM in other dodge vehicles that worked great, but for some reason this one is so loud it downright scares the hell the out you when it chimes. Is there some hidden settings menu to tone this down? Or is there a way to tap into the computer and turn it down? I don't want to deactivate it, just make it an alert vs. a gunshot in my ear.
I think in the newer cars like yours, there are separate volume settings for different inputs. Eg.FM, Satellite, system warnings, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think in the newer cars like yours, there are separate volume settings for different inputs. Eg.FM, Satellite, system warnings, etc.
I have the option to make the aux default louder, I don't see any other in the settings or audio menus.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've never activated the chime on mine: only the mirror indicators. But with most things, you have to wait until the sound occurs and use the volume while that sound is happening. For example, to adjust the nav lady volume, I wait until she starts running her yap about a turn or something and I use the volume while she's talking. Try that with the chime: while it is going off, rotate the volume knob on the radio down. The down button on the back/right of the steering wheel should work too. Not sure if it works for the chime since I don't use that, but seems like it would be consistent.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts