Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would post a pic of the BT Mopar fuel door insert installed. I had looked for a pic before I ordered it but never found one. Looks a lot better than the "FUEL" badge in my opinion, but may not be everyone's cup of tea. Fit perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome! I just pried the old one off with a razor blade. Be sure to get the whole thing out and not just the top layer. There should be a recess there for the new one to fit down flush with the edges. The new one just sticks on with 2-sided tape. Piece of cake.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You're welcome! I just pried the old one off with a razor blade. Be sure to get the whole thing out and not just the top layer. There should be a recess there for the new one to fit down flush with the edges. The new one just sticks on with 2-sided tape. Piece of cake.
Looks awesome :bigthumb: I am right there on this mod (love Billet stuff) but am so afraid of scratching something. Any other tips to avoid this ? Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, I also ordered the center wheel caps from them and the nose and steering wheel badges...was tired of the smart ass cracks about "are you sure this is where the FUEL goes?" and I want to get rid of the ram's head.
You can put the blue painters tape around chrome fuel filler door if you are worried about scratching it...I just took my time and had no problems. I will say this, if you are concerned about keeping the "FUEL" badge then be very careful to pry up the whole badge and not just the top layer decal that sticks onto the badge. Be sure to use some rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean and remove all the glue residue before sticking on the new badge.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks man, I also ordered the center wheel caps from them and the nose and steering wheel badges...was tired of the smart ass cracks about "are you sure this is where the FUEL goes?" and I want to get rid of the ram's head.
You can put the blue painters tape around chrome fuel filler door if you are worried about scratching it...I just took my time and had no problems. I will say this, if you are concerned about keeping the "FUEL" badge then be very careful to pry up the whole badge and not just the top layer decal that sticks onto the badge. Be sure to use some rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean and remove all the glue residue before sticking on the new badge.
Perfect. Thanks for the information. BT doesn't show blue anodized as an option on their site (I really want blue to go with the IE scheme and the rest of my BT blue gear) so I will call them. Thanks again, man.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks great :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts