Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pretty quiet about my build as we've been in parts accumulation and waiting mode. Looks like nearly everything is is or on the way and the rack clears next week so i guess it's time to post up.

PWR 9:1 419...check
PWR Mean Street Heads...check
PWR Bad Azz Cam...check
7" lower Pulley for Techco...check
Spec Clutch...check
Quicktime Bellhousing...check
ATI 5%OD Super Damper...check
SRT4 900cc Injectors...check
DSS 1400hp Axles...on the way
Petty's Garage DS Loop...on the way
90mm Throttle Body...on the way

Still need to figure out what i am going to do for rubber.

·
Registered
585 Posts
yo son!! Happytime!! ha. congrats on the parts showing up and the build start, I know your stoked, cant wait to hear about it and see the new improved machine.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hell Yeah that is a serious grocery list BT !

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Alright Chuck, glad to see it's finally going to be your turn :guiness: Can't wait for your transformation to be completed nice shopping list she's going to be be one badwhamajamma when your done... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I've been pretty quiet about my build as we've been in parts accumulation and waiting mode. Looks like nearly everything is is or on the way and the rack clears next week so i guess it's time to post up.

PWR 9:1 419...check
PWR Mean Street Heads...check
PWR Bad Azz Cam...check
7" lower Pulley for Techco...check
Spec Clutch...check
Quicktime Bellhousing...check
ATI 5%OD Super Damper...check
SRT4 900cc Injectors...check
DSS 1400hp Axles...on the way
Petty's Garage DS Loop...on the way
90mm Throttle Body...on the way

Still need to figure out what i am going to do for rubber.
Burn a lot of it! Congrats on the build. You have been waiting on it for a while.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Wow Chuck, I loved your car before, now all this! Yet another reason CF2 is going to rock!

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob: :redblob:

Should be on the rack tomorrow afternoon! This time it looks real! Car is at SHR and my rack clears tomorrow morning.

I added a few parts since my last update:
Pedders xA Coilovers
SLP Line Lock
Brisk Silver Plugs
M&H 275/50R17
Weld 17x10 rims
KwikLoad Rollback Trailer

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
nice goodies BT looks like fun

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I've been quiet on my build since beginning so long ago. As many here know I had the PWR 419, Spec Clutch, DSS Axles, Pedders Coilovers, USW Corssovers, etc, etc installed and finished two days before CF2. I guess it was really finished then, but a few passes and I guess we moved into Phase II (or three or whatever)

I managed to pick up a bad whine in the Transmission at the track and took the car in to have the TR6060 reworked, repaired and upgraded. It proved to be a longer than expected process as while we first though I had simply lost 2nd gear and went through the 3 week process of getting a new gear in. It turned out that I had a bad input and countershaft as well. We were able to get the parts together with SHR working with Hanlon Motorsports to come up with the best solution to making the Tremec hold up to 600+ torque.

Eddie at SHR took the opportunity to retune the car from scratch as the tune was hastily done to be ready for CF2, and the evolving 6 speed tuning tables gave him the opportunity to do things a bit different from the previous tune.

I picked the car up yesterday and What a difference. Between the new throw rod mod (Thanks, Larry!), the new CF synchros, and 30+ additional RWHP, the car is just night and day better. The rough cold idle issues with the cam are completely gone, as are some low speed drivability issues we had previously.

The folks that have done big builds know what a strange road these things tend to wind. I have to send big kudos out to the following guys that have been tremendous through this process. Andy and Justin at PWR, Bismark at USW, Bob Hanlon at Hanlon Motorsports, and of course Eddie, Billy, Brian, Cliff and Joann at SHR. What a team! It wasn't always easy, but the end result is sooo worth it.

Can't wait to get it back on the track with new DR's and see if we can make it hook up! Either way gonna be fun!

Chuck AND Lisa

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Congrats BT !!!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Congrats, Chuck and Lisa! Pleased as punch for ya both.

J - hit me tomorrow and I'll tell ya what I know. Be gentle on the time :)

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know one has to do with Decel fuel cut, there were two kore that Eddie was expecting, but never got in time, so he worked around them. I think there are a couple more, but I don't get deep into the details with Eddie. He now has a 6speed so I am not the lone 6 speed guinea pig in the shop. He can try things on his. The WOT stuff is easy, it's the drivability stuff thats tougher.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts