Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you take your Challenger to most car shows, it is judged on appearance and presentation.

To help judges at car shows better understand your car and for spectators to learn more about your car, it is necessary to have a car poster and display stand advertising your car's equipment. However, these stands and posters can be pricey.

I thought of a way to accomplish this for under $50.

Here's how:

1. I purchased a tabletop easel from Michael's craft store and reversed the hinges and relocated the molding that holds the bottom of the art. This was necessary to change the easel from a "landscape" to a "portrait" configuration. I then painted it satin black.

2. I purchased a 20" X 30" poster frame from Michael's (with black molding).

3. I prepared a poster on my computer using Word. I got several format ideas from: Custom Car Show Posters | Sample Work. I chose a black background and used orange text to list the features of my Challenger under the categories of: Engine, Drivetrain, Brakes, Wheels/Tires, Steering/Suspension, Exhaust, Performance, and Appearance Modifications. I also downloaded several manufacturer logos.

4. I brought the flash drive to Staples and had it printed on 20" X 30" photographic paper.

I thought that it came out great. It makes a good winter project.

(Note- The easel is fairly heavy and stable. Also, it comes with Velcro to secure the poster to it).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That's really resourceful, great job.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have already done the pictures and stand on my cars for years that way the people at the car shows know what they are looking at. Plus, on my 1969 Road Runner, I have my trunk detailed out that way they know about it and they look at it. HEMB5BLUE

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have already done the pictures and stand on my cars for years that way the people at the car shows know what they are looking at. Plus, on my 1969 Road Runner, I have my trunk detailed out that way they know about it and they look at it. HEMB5BLUE
I don't think the guy was saying this was some new revolutionary idea to have a display.

He was saying this was a way he tried that cost less than $50.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Should have had the print dry mounted, but other than that me likey.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very nice job! Now I'm going to have to borrow your idea. Thanks

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Looks good - great idea. I'm going to borrow that idea - hope it's okay.

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another Car Show Idea

Here's another inexpensive idea.

Most car shows like to see documentation. I mounted copies of my original 2009 Challenger brochure, window invoice and production numbers (by car color) on a horizontal poster frame that I bought at Michaels craft store. The color copies were made at Staples.

As an added bonus feature, I also put a fire extinguisher and Chrysler first aid kit in my trunk.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are two lessons I learned about car shows:

1. If you want to win a trophy, avoid shows where the voting is by "people's choice" (i.e., no judges) and where there are no brackets for years. Otherwise, you won't stand a chance when you are lumped together with the muscle cars from the late 60s/early 70s.

2. Avoid car shows sponsored by car clubs. They usually favor member cars.

·
Registered
191 Posts
There are two lessons I learned about car shows:

1. If you want to win a trophy, avoid shows where the voting is by "people's choice" (i.e., no judges) and where there are no brackets for years. Otherwise, you won't stand a chance when you are lumped together with the muscle cars from the late 60s/early 70s.

2. Avoid car shows sponsored by car clubs. They usually favor member cars.
Our club (Quad Cities Cruisers) doesn't allow it's members to enter their cars into our show.

We raise money for local charities and run the show. We still bring our cars but they aren't eligible for trophies.

It's a nice way to give back to the community and see a bunch of cool cars. We normally have over 400 cars at our annual show.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts