Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack; 2018 SXT
50 Posts
What about some Trac Wrap (temporary alternative to clear bra)? Yeh, it looks crap, but hey, it looks better than a chipped up paint job! Would work great for bugs too - just rip it off when you reach your destination. You may need some painters tape to hold down some parts though depending on where you cut it as the wind will lift some parts. Just don't leave this on your car for a month or two at a time like I did as it can leave a pain-in-the-butt-to-remove residue. Its only meant to be use for a day or so at a time
IMG_20190609_145452582_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I spray the bug covered area with spray wax and follow with a wrung out cloth dipped in hot soapy water... the bugs come off and it usually dries streak free and slick... then, if needed, or desired for a bit more protection from the next wave of bug splatters, a light spray and wipe with a microfiber cloth finishes it up nicely. If I go on a trip, I carry my own small bucket with the needed cloths, soap and spray wax. If I'm on my Harley, I'll use the motel's waste basket to catch the hot water, use shampoo for soap, and ask for a cleaning cloth from housekeeping... on trips, I keep a small can of spray and shine with a microfiber cloth in the saddle bag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use foaming tub and shower cleaner from the dollar store. Works well, the foam stays on the paint for a while, softening the bug guts. Doesn't seem to strip the wax.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,779 Posts
:eek: Very acidic...not paint friendly

A Guy

21 - 25 of 25 Posts