Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , I want too order the name plate that bt has a group buy on. How do I locate the build day on my car. I found the month and year that it was built how do I find what day it was built on. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I hope this works for you. I never looked and verified it.
Vehicle Build Date

Q: How can you tell the exact date your car was built? I don't see it anywhere on the window sticker.
A: Open driver's side door and look on right of the pillar or end of the door. Look for MDH number.

The MDH # on bottom row of your door sticker stands for: Month/Day/Hour of manufacture.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
If you send your VIN to ResumeSpeed, he can provide you with your build date and build sheets in a PDF file.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
On the 09 Challenger it is stamped inside the trunk lid, just below the taillights, in the center of the lid.

In my 2010 Challenger it is not stamped there. The MDH sticker on my door matches the build date on my manifest papers.

My owner name tags have already been shipped. Just ordered last week.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
On the 09 Challenger it is stamped inside the trunk lid, just below the taillights, in the center of the lid.

In my 2010 Challenger it is not stamped there. The MDH sticker on my door matches the build date on my manifest papers.

My owner name tags have already been shipped. Just ordered last week.
So is the MDH sticker right or should I use another way of finding it like mentioned above?

·
Super Moderator
15,778 Posts
So is the MDH sticker right or should I use another way of finding it like mentioned above?
Its very faintly etched on the underside of the trunk lid between the rear lip and the latch mechanism. If you use a flashlight and look carefully, you'll find it - you may have to look at an angle to see it - the panel appears to be painted after the etching process.

On mine, it has the date the build started (10/22) vs. the date completed which was the following calendar day.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
MDH should be the correct date. Like I said that date matches the manifest papers date of build.

With my white car I can't find the date stamped in the trunk. On our black car you can find easily in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
MDH should be the correct date. Like I said that date matches the manifest papers date of build.

With my white car I can't find the date stamped in the trunk. On our black car you can find easily in the trunk.
Thanks, I got that info from the 100 tips site and wanted to make sure I wasn't giving out bogus info. Those tips are usually right.
Rick

·
Super Moderator
14,039 Posts
MDH should be the correct date. Like I said that date matches the manifest papers date of build. With my white car I can't find the date stamped in the trunk. On our black car you can find easily in the trunk.
Use the date on the door jam sticker as the final build date. The date on the trunk lid is etched after the body is built but before it is painted.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just got notice that mine shipped today, so I should see it next week I hope.:)

·
Registered
726 Posts
MDH/VIN - Brothers and Sisters

My Challenger's MDH reads: 081815 telling me August 18, 2010 at the 3:00 p.m. hour. Who has a similar or exact MDH as mine? How many Challengers did they build per hour and what color is yours? How do the sequential VIN's correlate to the MDH labels? Thanks for checking and any help you can give.

·
Super Moderator
15,778 Posts
My Challenger's MDH reads: 081815 telling me August 18, 2010 at the 3:00 p.m. hour. Who has a similar or exact MDH as mine? How many Challengers did they build per hour and what color is yours? How do the sequential VIN's correlate to the MDH labels? Thanks for checking and any help you can give.
The next car could just as likely been a Chrysler 300 or a Dodge Charger...they are intermixed on the assembly line.

The VINs are assigned when builds are scheduled and again, various models are intermixed with VIN # assignments throughout Chrysler's vehicle lines that are in production.

For example, my VIN was held up in production (6-speed start-up production matters for early '09s...) and there were cars built with later VIN #s that were completed before mine by a factor of 10-12k VINs.

Saw this on the former VinWin that Venthos had for us "back when".

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
6.1 late build?

My SRT8 date of manufacture is 10-10, and the MDH is 102520.
Did the 392's come out later in 2011? This seems like a late build date for a 6.1, with the 392's coming out, or being out?
Justy throwing this out here to keep this going, also interested in the build plate, not sure who has it or what it is?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,778 Posts
The build run of 2010s ran later than usual - through the end of Nov 2010...this was likely to compensate for the shortened 2009 production from the bankruptcy that interrupted production during Summer 2009.

The 2012s began production around the regular changeover around July.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Build date plate

Thanks HAL H, good info. I saw that Billet Technologies has the build date plates, very cool and I'll be ordering one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts