Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having arrington install a magnacharger on my 2010 r/t auto. I am keeping it at 6lbs of boost . I am also gettingh their cold air intake and currently have a mopar cat back exhaust on the car. I am wondering if the transmission will need to be upgraded or should I get some durability out of it? I figure once we are in the shop whats another $1000 if my tranny is only going to last 6 months with that kind of power. Thanks, steve

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
A mild upgrade of the tranny can't hurt but I wouldn't drop much on it at this stage unless you see yourself going up in boost. If the block is stock, it'll only stand another 1-2 psi for long.

Enjoy the new found powa'!

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Your tranny will eventually give you problems. Like Sam said, I wouldn't put much into the stock unit, if any, and save the pennies for a new Pararmount or Shouthern Hot Rod unit next winter. It will depend a little on how hard you drive the car and what tires you have. The power is addictive!! Have fun!

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I think it will depend on how hard you drive the car. If you just drive around town and get on it here and there I think it'll last a long time. You're going to be a tick under 500RWHP and while that's a significant increase over stock, unless you're the type that smashes the throttle to the floor from every red light I think the tranny will last you a while.

When you do start to feel it slip at shifts, then do an upgrade.

My .02 cents.

Welcome to the blown club.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts