Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey DCX...are you listening? I'm sure that many more prospective owners than just the 275 members/Mopar enthusiasts (to date) here are anxiously awaiting for the production version of the new generation Dodge 'Challenger' to materialize...and please do the 'Challenger' name justice by retaining its classic two-door 'muscle car' heritage and free-flowing body lines this time...I'm sold! :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ive been loyal.

[X] 88 Dodge Charger
[X] 90 Dodge Daytona
[X] 00 Dodge Ram 1500
[X] 00 Dodge Neon
[X] 01 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab
[X] 03 Dodge Status R/T
[X] 04 Dodge Durango Hemi (current)
[X] 04 Dodge Neon SRT-4 (current)
[ ] 07/08 Dodge Challenger SRT-8:cool:
[ ] 2014 Dodge Viper Hennessey (Retirement present):D

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a new member here I wanted to say great site gang.......
Mr.DJ, I sure hope DCX is looking to sites like this to help gauge popular opinions of their new concept Challenger. At 46 years old I've as they say "pretty much had it all"....BUT THIS IS A MUST HAVE CAR for me!!!!

Hats off to you guys at DCX for tapping the retro styling interest in this classic brand/badge....There are still lots of guys like me that are going to be stepping up to buy a piece of their youth again lol.....

P.S. DCX, Please give us a way (link/phone #)to communicate with you up here in Canada regarding this car.....I want an early production unit!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying to get the dealer who sold us our MSRT8 to take a 1000.00 deposit on a Challenger SRT8 right now. They haven't told me the circumstances for full refund as of yet, so I haven't done it yet, but if DCX builds it.....I WILL buy it!!

Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree. If DCX won't build it, I'll be forced into the next Camaro (if that gets built). The Mustang is OK, but it is too long. You can tell it was built off of a long chassis.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dear DCX (aka: Musclecar Santa):

Build the Challenger that looks like the "spy photos" on this site (especially the pic from the MPH magazine to debut in February). Please offer colors to suit everyone's palate... from silver and black to retro hues of plum crazy, hemi orange, etc. PLEASE use the 392 Hemi in the SRT8 version, otherwise, the new GT500 will be superior in speed. Consider options such as Hurst shifters (shift kits too?) and shaker hoods (body color matching, with 6.4L affixed to the shaker itself).

Please also consider real chrome and brushed aluminum, and plenty of it.

Try to keep its weight down a bit, similar to the 2005/06 Mustangs.

If you could throw-in a new baseball mit and bat, I'd appreciate it.

MustangSally, JR.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Hey DCX...are you listening? I'm sure that many more prospective owners than just the 275 members/Mopar enthusiasts (to date) here are anxiously awaiting for the production version of the new generation Dodge 'Challenger' to materialize...and please do the 'Challenger' name justice by retaining its classic two-door 'muscle car' heritage and free-flowing body lines this time...I'm sold! :D
300 forum members as of Dec 21.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ladimer said:
I agree. If DCX won't build it, I'll be forced into the next Camaro (if that gets built). The Mustang is OK, but it is too long. You can tell it was built off of a long chassis.
You can count on the Challenger to be a longer overall length than the Mustang, as well as a much longer wheel base.

·
Registered
128 Posts
"Crowd Starts Chanting"

Build it
Build it

Build it
Build it

Build it
Build it....

"ALL TOGETHER"

AND WE'LL BUY IT!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is a "must do" for DCx... As good as the current crop of vehicles have been, No car they have put out in the last 30 years will build business like this one would...IMO...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and think its fantastic.
I am an Aussie working in the Middle East and have been a total fan of the Challenger ever since I saw V.P.
I have already been to see the Dodge dealer here in Dubai to lobby for the introduction of the Challenger here.
I WANT ONE BAD, the coolest reincarnation yet and looks tougher than the rest:D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OZ HEMI said:
I am an Aussie working in the Middle East and have been a total fan of the Challenger ever since I saw V.P.
I have already been to see the Dodge dealer here in Dubai to lobby for the introduction of the Challenger here.
Hello and welcome to the group. It sounds as if you most certainly share the same excitement as the rest of us here do with regard to the new generation Dodge 'Challenger', as well as the original version as seen in the 'Vanishing Point'. :cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
OZ HEMI said:
Hello. Im in the middle (far) east as well. Ive already spoken to the military exchange car sales rep. I can start paying for the car a soon as the production date is determined(if it does). I'll be paying factory invoice price:eek:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
CHARGERSHED said:
This is a "must do" for DCx... As good as the current crop of vehicles have been, No car they have put out in the last 30 years will build business like this one would...IMO...
So true!! This car need to be out ASAP!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Hello. Im in the middle (far) east as well. Ive already spoken to the military exchange car sales rep. I can start paying for the car a soon as the production date is determined(if it does). I'll be paying factory invoice price:eek:

I hope the dealers here in the States don't get greedy and put that "Market Adjustment" sticker on this car.

I looked at a Charger SRT 8 but it had a "Market Adjustment" sticker of $8,000. added to the price. NOT HAPPENING..and I told the salesman that they weren't getting my business as long as that was part of the deal. He said "OK",,,and it was sold a couple of weeks later to someone who was willing to pay that. To me that is crazy!!

I'd really like a Challenger but I won't cave in and pay $8,000 to $10,000. for a "Market Adjustment" fee.

That's just my 2 cents........

·
Registered
973 Posts
We're less than a month away from the Detroit auto show. Let's see what type of reaction the car gets. The car could be a bomb, or it could be the hit of the show. I'm betting on a BIG hit.

The bad news is that we have to wait for some type of decision. The good news is that we are getting close to real-life feedback.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts