Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Mom Mopar would be proud. Build it. Build it. Build it. Just shut up and build it. And give Castiglione a raise. — Scott Oldham

What Is It?

What's Special About It?

"If I had had more time I would have worked a little bit more on the details," says Michael Castiglione, designer of the Dodge Challenger Concept's exterior. "I would have come up with a modern hood pin, revisited the oversized chrome gas cap which was so cool on the 1970 Challenger, and maybe worked a little on the door handles."

Mike. Babe. Don't touch a thing. It's perfect. OK, maybe the gas cap would be cool. Do it up for the production version.

That's right, the production version. Although Dodge hasn't confirmed it will build the Challenger, rumors the car will hit dealers in 2008 just won't go away. And you can't blame the rumor mill, the Mustang is hotter than jalapenos and Dodge built the Challenger Concept on the same rear-wheel-drive platform found under the Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300. It even has a production 6.1-liter V8 Hemi V8 under the hood. Yeah, the same 425-horsepower version you get in a Dodge Charger SRT-8 and it's backed by a six-speed manual transmission.

Read more here and also watch the 'Challenger' in action

·
Registered
65 Posts
It looks so good rolling down that test track! When you watch the video check out what looks like an mock-up version of the car behind the designers. It has a slightly different headlight design and split tailights with the licence plate between them.

·
Registered
598 Posts
....I especially like this part:"The coolest part, however, is how Castiglione managed to reverse the basic proportions of the 1970 Challenger to better reflect DaimlerChrysler's modern design language of a thicker body with a shrunken greenhouse. How he did that while still making it look like the old car, we'll never know; but the result is a very modern-looking coupe that perfectly fits in with Dodge's present model lineup."....and on top of that its wider more mean lookin'...To once again confirm that the new Challenger is better in every way!.....Can't wait to see the final production model now...(Super Hemi Beast Challenger SRT-8 w/ a 6.4L 500++hp Asphalt-Shredding Terror,for me Please)!:D :cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
....I especially like this part:"The coolest part, however, is how Castiglione managed to reverse the basic proportions of the 1970 Challenger to better reflect DaimlerChrysler's modern design language of a thicker body with a shrunken greenhouse. How he did that while still making it look like the old car, we'll never know; but the result is a very modern-looking coupe that perfectly fits in with Dodge's present model lineup."....and on top of that its wider more mean lookin'...To once again confirm that the new Challenger is better in every way!.....Can't wait to see the final production model now...(Super Hemi Beast Challenger SRT-8 w/ a 6.4L 500++hp Asphalt-Shredding Terror,for me Please)!:D :cool:

I couldn't interest you in the Kyoto Protocol, Environmentalist Wacko, Liberal Bedwetting Toyota Prius Hybrid?

LJB:D

·
Registered
598 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
I couldn't interest you in the Kyoto Protocol, Environmentalist Wacko, Liberal Bedwetting Toyota Prius Hybrid?

LJB:D
LOL:D I know what you mean,....we better hurry and get these,...last of their breed icons(muscle cars),....before lie-beral bedwetting Demon-crats take over.:p ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dont want to let the cat out of the bag but...Their are strong rumours that the challenger will be built at the LX factory starting feb 2008

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dad works at Chrysler. More specifically he works on the sound systems of every car, and has to approve of them. He told me that it hasn't been confirmed that, but he is pretty sure that it will be built. He said that everyone acts as though it will be built. He also mentioned that it would rake in too much cash for it to be swept under the carpet.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
d-man said:
Dont want to let the cat out of the bag but...Their are strong rumours that the challenger will be built at the LX factory starting feb 2008
He also mentioned it would be on the next generation LX platforum, the LY. And I remember reading somewhere it would be the same factory as the charger, which seems realistic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
To once again confirm that the new Challenger is better in every way!.....Can't wait to see the final production model now...(Super Hemi Beast Challenger SRT-8 w/ a 6.4L 500++hp Asphalt-Shredding Terror,for me Please)!:D :cool:
i cant wait too

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
d-man said:

That would be a '09 model!! NO WE WANT IT NOW!!!!!:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I share your pain.:(

·
Registered
485 Posts
I heard the Challenger will also be built at the Brampton, Ontario plant . Which is about 30 minutes from home. " Ya Baby ":D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hemi 007 said:
I heard the Challenger will also be built at the Brampton, Ontario plant . Which is about 30 minutes from home. " Ya Baby ":D :D :D :D :D
Man that sucks!! For me anyway:D Now I just know your going to get some photos........

1 - 20 of 50 Posts