Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How accurate should this thing be when the car gets to the dealer?

I know that my dealer was a problem from the start but the build sheet lists something like 8 additional gallons of gas.
Well I can tell you it certainly wasn't there and the dealer did not put any in.

The car had 11 miles when I took delivery and the low fuel light came on during my 30 mile drive home.

I know that nothing can be done over a month later but I just wanted to bring it up.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
My dealer had a full tank in mine. I think what happened to you was probably poor PDI, goes along with 50psi pressure in tires, no bright pedals installed, etc. But unlike those, the build sheet does say 8 additional gallons of gas. A Guy

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
When I was at my dealer watching then unload my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker I asked how long before I could take it home to my Garage? My salesman said as soon as they did the dealer prep checking all the fluid levels, check for leaks and taking it down the street to the gas station to fill the gas tank on the test drive. I asked if I could do the test drive as I did not want a 19 or 20 year old lot boy on the street alone in my new with 2 miles on it $48,000 dollar manual shift Scat Pack. He said can understand that and as soon as the Tech inspection was over I could take it out for the test drive and he would go along to check every thing out and we would fill the gas tank on his company gas card and return to the dealer and if all is well with the car sign the papers and I can take it home tonight. That is why I have bought 2 new Challengers at this dealer in the last 2 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
The 8 gallons (4.5 gallons for Canada cars) is added at Brampton to get the car out of the plant, to the dealer, and for fuel needed to move cars around dealer lot and limited test drives. Most dealers will still top your car off before delivery but don't believe there is any requirement that they do so.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I was at my dealer watching then unload my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker I asked how long before I could take it home to my Garage? My salesman said as soon as they did the dealer prep checking all the fluid levels, check for leaks and taking it down the street to the gas station to fill the gas tank on the test drive. I asked if I could do the test drive as I did not want a 19 or 20 year old lot boy on the street alone in my new with 2 miles on it $48,000 dollar manual shift Scat Pack. He said can understand that and as soon as the Tech inspection was over I could take it out for the test drive and he would go along to check every thing out and we would fill the gas tank on his company gas card and return to the dealer and if all is well with the car sign the papers and I can take it home tonight. That is why I have bought 2 new Challengers at this dealer in the last 2 years.
Pretty much the same here, I've been dealing with the same sales guy for my last 4 cars (maybe 5), and he knows how I want stuff. For example, my last purchase (2018 392 Shaker), he took out of the showroom, filled it up, and made sure the detail dept didn't touch the car. I find that they don't do a job at all, let alone good, so just easier for me to clean her! But, yes, full tank of gas!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
The 8 gallons (4.5 gallons for Canada cars) is added at Brampton to get the car out of the plant, to the dealer, and for fuel needed to move cars around dealer lot and limited test drives. Most dealers will still top your car off before delivery but don't believe there is any requirement that they do so.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
^^^ this!

Imagine transporting 2 million vehicles every year with a tankfull of gasoline in each one of them.

Now, this shouldn’t have precluded your dealer from topping it off before delivering the car to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts