Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a reputable shop for my challenger SRT build?

2015 Challenger SRT
Approx 4K miles
8 speed auto

Here is what I’m looking to do.

Kenne Bell 3.6LC
Forged engine build
Option for 426 stroker
Recommendations for transmission build or replacement and also same for axles and driveshaft
Must maintain good street manners
I would like the build to be complete this spring. I’m on the east coast and willing to ship as far as the central US if needed.

I understand this won’t be cheap. Let me know who you would recommend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I’m not sure why I never heard of these guys before. I visited their shop today and will be getting a quote on a pretty in-depth build. Thanks again for the tip.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Asked, answered and helped. This is a wonderful forum!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thank you. I’m not sure why I never heard of these guys before. I visited their shop today and will be getting a quote on a pretty in-depth build. Thanks again for the tip.
OST has a great reputation. post your results when the build is complete . If you want a second opinion contact BFNY Performance in Cleveland.. another excellent shop for gen 3's

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are going with OST. I met with Micah a couple times and he was very responsive answering all of my many questions.
I honestly think he is as excited about this build as I am. I believe it will be the first of its kind. The build is going to be epic. At least to me it will be :)

We are having the motor stroked to a 426 with forged components, new custom ground cam, Whipple 4.5L, Hellcat heads, Kooks 1-7/8 Headers, Kooks mid-pipes with highflow cats and lots of other goodies. We thought that the Whipple 2.9L was the biggest Whipple you could get on there but it looks like with some creative thinking we will be able to make the 4.5L work. We will start with a very mild tune and work our way up once Im ready to start beefing up the drive train. We are replacing the stock driveshaft with a 4" aluminum but the transmission and rear end will remain stock for now. We will just need to be easy on the skinny pedal. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven’t updated it in a while and thought I should do so. As mentioned previously we decided to use OST for the build. We did make some minor changes though. We ended up with a hellcat block which is better suited to handle the boost. We had It stroked to 433. Custom ground cam and long tube headers. We were able to get the 4.5 L Whipple supercharger to fit. The stock fuel system was not able to keep up so they turned it way down until we could get that upgraded. This was all in 2018. We are getting ready to drop it off again for the fuel system upgrade in mid-May. I can’t wait to see what numbers it puts down on the Dyno. I will post the results here once I get them. We’re definitely going to be looking at a newer and in transmission in the near future though. Especially if we get the kinds of numbers I’m thinking we’re going to get.

·
Registered
690 Posts
View attachment 941629

I will try to get a few more. No Dyno sheet yet but expect to have that in May after fuel system upgrades.
Ugh wish I could do all that lol

But hope everything comes out to how you want it

Wife gets mad when shes in "her" car since she's due in April cuz the bumps are more rough since it's dropped but I love my car hope my son likes it I hope to keep it for him cuz I'm sure stuff in 15+ yrs aren't going to be like this.

My dad was 71 when he passed and I'm glade I took him for a ride wish he could of drove it but cancer took him to soon....

Sorry it's the 1800s

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Long way from you but having my 426 built for my A8 '15 SRT by Glenn Rains (Rains Precision Motorsports) in Littleton, CO. Going fully forged N/A with built ported alum. OEM heads, thin ring pistons (gapped for nitrous), 13:1 compression, balanced crank, 160 deg. high flow t'stat, custom grind cam, OE ported intake, 95mm T.B., upgraded fuel delivery, custom oil cooling, high stall torque converter, Kooks headers & cat delete.

We're anticipating around 550HP to the ground with pump gas on his Mustang dyno. Also will have a plug-in tune for race gas. Engine is installed. Being run-in and tuned this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had mine built by true street performance here in LINY. The engine block came from better built performance. 392 based 426 stroker running 10.3:1, custom cam running na but ready for boost, Arrington ported Apache heads and full bolt ons. At the time I hadn’t had the 6.1 manifold yet and we dynoed 488whp 518wtq. Aj thinks we can hit better numbers with the 6.1 manifold so I picked one up and have been porting it while I wait for a dyno/tune day. It’ll also help when I go with a centri. Love the car , it pulls super hard and the torque is right on tap. Big shout for true street performance and Hemituner!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
I haven’t updated it in a while and thought I should do so. As mentioned previously we decided to use OST for the build. We did make some minor changes though. We ended up with a hellcat block which is better suited to handle the boost. We had It stroked to 433. Custom ground cam and long tube headers. We were able to get the 4.5 L Whipple supercharger to fit. The stock fuel system was not able to keep up so they turned it way down until we could get that upgraded. This was all in 2018. We are getting ready to drop it off again for the fuel system upgrade in mid-May. I can’t wait to see what numbers it puts down on the Dyno. I will post the results here once I get them. We’re definitely going to be looking at a newer and in transmission in the near future though. Especially if we get the kinds of numbers I’m thinking we’re going to get.

My War Viking 8HP70 started slipping on the dyno at 970whp/tq, tuner went to a smaller shot and saw no issues at 920ish. Haven't made a full pass at the track with Nitrous yet, will let you know it holds up this year.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,701 Posts
My War Viking 8HP70 started slipping on the dyno at 970whp/tq, tuner went to a smaller shot and saw no issues at 920ish. Haven't made a full pass at the track with Nitrous yet, will let you know it holds up this year.

That's some Crazy power! :icon_eek: What are you running for wheels and tires on your BEAST and what sized shot of N20 did you end up with?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Fairly standard wheel setup, 17x10 Welds with ET Street R and 17x4.5 skinnies up front. Ended up with a 115shot through the Maggie, Ethanol also helped in making power.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,701 Posts
Fairly standard wheel setup, 17x10 Welds with ET Street R and 17x4.5 skinnies up front. Ended up with a 115shot through the Maggie, Ethanol also helped in making power.

Thanks for the answers! You've Definitely got a BEAST there! :thumbsup:

IF you can put all of that power down to the ground, you could probably help spin the Earth! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts