Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Here is the insight link to a White, Auto, Option Group 2, and Nav equipped car. If you are interested contact Danny at the dealership at 512-303-4486 and talk turkey about the price. It will be at or below MSRP depending upon demand by the time you call him.

Vehicle Shipment Status and History
^ Benny Boyd Dodge = One of the worst dealers to do business with. You can see it in this lame advertisement...."depending upon demand by the time you call" ...FLAKE!!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Benny Boyd Dodge = One of the worst dealers to do business with. You can see it in this lame advertisement...."depending upon demand by the time you call" ...FLAKE!!!
When was the last time you bought a car there? (This is the Bastrop store) I have found there sales and service second to none and I have purchased over 50 new Chrysler products so far.

I put the quote in myself because they hadn't given me a price yet and I didn't want to over obligate them and I figured anything at or below MSRP was fair. However after I posted they contacted me back and said they would sale for $1000 over invoice.

I have personally bought over 20 cars from them and drive over 50 miles to get to them. And typically by over the phone and then just drive in and pickup the keys.

·
Registered
457 Posts
When was the last time you bought a car there? (This is the Bastrop store) I have found there sales and service second to none and I have purchased over 50 new Chrysler products so far.

I put the quote in myself because they hadn't given me a price yet and I didn't want to over obligate them and I figured anything at or below MSRP was fair. However after I posted they contacted me back and said they would sale for $1000 over invoice.

I have personally bought over 20 cars from them and drive over 50 miles to get to them. And typically by over the phone and then just drive in and pickup the keys.
Sorry i mistook you for one of their sleezy salesmen given all the props to an old fashioned dealership (mark ups, haggling, badgering). 5 dealers in the Austin/San Marcos/New Braunfels/San Antonio area have offered $1000 BELOW MSRP for a IE. If you would drive 50 miles....then at least drive to NB or San Antonio for a better deal.
We just bought a 2011 Charger SE (North Star) for my wife on Wednesday and would never walk foot into a place trying to sell it $4000 OVER invoice. We got our Charger at $2000 BELOW invoice.

Their inventory at Benny tells the story. They still have about 20 2010 Challengers on the lot....hmmmm I wonder why?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry i mistook you for one of their sleezy salesmen given all the props to an old fashioned dealership (mark ups, haggling, badgering). 5 dealers in the Austin/San Marcos/New Braunfels/San Antonio area have offered $1000 BELOW invoice for a IE. If you would drive 50 miles....then at least drive to NB or San Antonio for a better deal.
We just bought a 2011 Charger SE (North Star) for my wife on Wednesday and would never walk foot into a place trying to sell it $4000 OVER invoice. We got our Charger at $2000 BELOW invoice.

Their inventory at Benny tells the story. They still have about 20 2010 Challengers on the lot....hmmmm I wonder why?
I'm throwing the BS flag on this one. There aint nobody with a brain (or even without one for that fact) selling an IE for $1000 under invoice.

If you could get such a great deal why are you driving an SE?

Put down the crack pipe and step away from your car! You have been busted by the BS police!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm throwing the BS flag on this one. There aint nobody with a brain (or even without one for that fact) selling an IE for $1000 under invoice.

If you could get such a great deal why are you driving an SE?

Put down the crack pipe and step away from your car! You have been busted by the BS police!
I wouldn't call $1000 off a good deal. Who said I was driving an SE? Are you another one of those "I have an SRT or R/T so I'm better than you" people? If you're talking about the blue SE in my pics. I sold it in 2009 and bought a G8. I'm buying a 2011 R/T Toxic 6 spd in 4 weeks and I'll be more than happy to show pics.
I'll also be more than happy to snap a closer shot of a sales tag on an IE right down the road...if its still there tomorrow. In fact I'll post a pic just so you can see the tag which is next to the 2011 sticker...it reads $47,515 and just for reference I added the window sticker off their website.
After seeing how defensive you are...I have a sneaking suspicion that you work at Benny and are trying to come on here and fish.
Now that's a BS flag if I've ever seen one.
P.S. Is that blue one in your garage on a DEMO perhaps? Oh and one more thing....why don't you show us some NON EBAY pics of that SRT8

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I wouldn't call $1000 off a good deal. Who said I was driving an SE? Are you another one of those "I have an SRT or R/T so I'm better than you" people? If you're talking about the blue SE in my pics. I sold it in 2009 and bought a G8. I'm buying a 2011 R/T Toxic 6 spd in 4 weeks and I'll be more than happy to show pics.
I'll also be more than happy to snap a closer shot of a sales tag on an IE right down the road...if its still there tomorrow. In fact I'll post a pic just so you can see the tag which is next to the 2011 sticker...it reads $47,515 and just for reference I added the window sticker off their website.
After seeing how defensive you are...I have a sneaking suspicion that you work at Benny and are trying to come on here and fish.
Now that's a BS flag if I've ever seen one.
P.S. Is that blue one in your garage on a DEMO perhaps?
You are wrong on all accounts. MSRP at Benny Boyd is $48910 and can be bought for approximately $47,328 plus TTL and state mandated fees. So your claim was a $1000 under invoice. Now $47,515 is a good price for an auto but a far cry from $1000 under invoice. I'm glad you have gathered the facts for prospective buyers.:thumbsup:

Bring your G8 to Austin and I'll show you the tail lights of my IE!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought my SRT at Benny Boyd Lampassas and the buying and service experience has been great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Appears the discrepancy here is that one thinks "invoice" means window sticker, while the one that actually bought a Challenger there KNOWS the difference. INVOICE IS NOT WINDOW STICKER.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appears the discrepancy here is that one thinks "invoice" means window sticker, while the one that actually bought a Challenger there KNOWS the difference. INVOICE IS NOT WINDOW STICKER.
Very true. I could post up two IE invoices but I wouldn't get bonus points from my source. Internet sources for invoice price track with an actual invoice. I always buy a car based off of invoice with all rebates and incentives back to me, this way you ensure you aren't leaving anything on the table. :thumbsup:

Currrently the only thing out there is employee (varies by type of employee ie. Chrysler vrs Dealer) discounts and military discount. Still working on the $500 in Mopar Bucks that is in flyers and car show advertisements but not in dealers system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts