Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm coming home from just seeing the new Transformers 3 movie last night (12:30ish am) which had way too many Chevy's in it for my taste, but still a good movie. Anyway, I'm in my SRT8, not much traffic on the roads and headed down a 4 lane close to home. I come around a curve and there sits a newer SS Camaro at the red light. Before I can get close the light turns green and the Camaro takes off before he realizes I'm hungry for some good ole light to light action.

:fight:

As I pass him I gave the international signal for "lets race" by giving him a loud pipe shot from my two 40 series flowmasters. And lucky me the next light down turns from green to yellow. I pull to the line first and get prepared for my first race in my SRT8. Waiting for the Camaro to line up I noticed he stops one car length behind me. ARE YOU KIDDING??? We're the only 2 cars on the road and he won't play. Why buy the car if your going to use it as a paperweight? :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
There are Lot's of reasons. First would be getting in a accident. Second would be getting picked up by Johnny law.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Might be he prefers to obey the law. maybe he takes an interest in public safety. maybe he doesn't feel he has anything to prove. Could be as simple as street racing aint his thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, OK, Boatman & IDMTfirefighter

Read ya loud and clear, street racing is bad (sound like my wife). But come on, the conditions were right for a little 0 to 60 horse play on a deserted straight road.

·
Registered
120 Posts
From what I can tell everyone on just about every performance forum never goes one drop over the speed limit. EVER.
You sir, are clearly a maniac.

LOL, just kidding.
Nothing wrong with a little 0-60 action when no one is around. Otherwise, yea.. you kinda bought the wrong car. As long as you’re are not blowing the tires off the line or anything, HAVE A LITTLE FUN!

My co-worker has an SS and will not floor it, says it’s too “scary”.
No comment.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
No comment.
WTF..............why the hell even buy the car if you aren't even going to "use" it.

This reminds me all the time of driving the highway and coming up in the left lane on some arse driving a Camero, Mustang, Acura or some other car that has some oomph to it who will not put their foot down even in the slightest to pass the person on their right :werd: ...............drives me freakn' nuts and makes my road rage come on full bloom.

There really should be a test before you can buy performance vehicles to see if you are capable of using and handling them.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
The Transformer movies are just two-hour-long commercials for GM.
I thought I read they had a decepticon charger in the new movie

OK, OK, Boatman & IDMTfirefighter

Read ya loud and clear, street racing is bad (sound like my wife). But come on, the conditions were right for a little 0 to 60 horse play on a deserted straight road.
Well you asked the question :scratchhead:
he was probably a diabetic with a below the left knee amputation and his prosthetic leg makes it difficult to clutch well so he doesn't bother street racing anymore

·
Registered
185 Posts
No comment.
Sounds like the type of person that would buy a prius to drag race. A 25 second 1/4 mile may scare him though.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
In all honesty, yeah nothin wrong with it, but also shouldn't be expected. Are you really mad that someone didn't risk their own ass to see if you'll run with him? Theres been plenty of times that I've had people pull up to me to play that I held it back because of a number of reasons.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like to do 0-60 blasts take corners to fast as much as the next guy, but get caught street racing in CA and your car gets impounded and you get as much as 90 days in jail. No thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Was he alone in the car? If I'm alone I'm always glad to "play" but if one of my kids or my girlfriend is with me then I'm not going to do it.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
my wife frks out ... screams and begs not to race or go fast ... i seem to only get messed with when shes in the car ... just like TXchall said ... not when others are in the car ... not fair to risk other lives for my own self gratification.....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I agree with the previous poster: Nothing wrong with the occasional sprint to 60, conditions prevailing of course, but it should not be expected either.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I agree with the previous poster: Nothing wrong with the occasional sprint to 60, conditions prevailing of course, but it should not be expected either.
Yeah, if the Camaro doesn't want to do some spirited driving, just respect them for what they choose to do. It's more of a mutual agreement when you go to the track to race because everyone knows what the intention is there.

The track can be more dangerous than an open straight stretch of road, however there is a lot of risk mitigation done at the track such as on site ambulances etc for when things go wrong. The key is just being aware of the environment that you choose to do those 0-60 spirited drives. If it's safe to do, then yeah, have fun, but just know it's more risky on the streets than it is on the track.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
Not sure what the penalty is in your state but here in PA it's a 6 month loss of license, I read Florida has a one year suspension and possible jail time. So maybe he just doesn't wish to risk losing his license, you know might need it to get to work and such. If someone already has points on their license or a previous ticket for street racing it really cuts down on one's motivation to get caught again. Most people don't think about what the penalty is for a little stop light action until after they get the ticket and a nasty surprise. Not making a judgement here, just answering the question as to the guy's possible motives. Well thats the serious answer ( just in case you wanted one ).

On the less serious side the answer is obvious he's driving a Chevy, everyone knows you can't make a Chevy run. LOL.

Disclaimer: Please all current and former Chevy owners please don't take offense to the last sentence above. It was only intended to be humorous and entertaining in nature. Please do not e-mail me or barrage this thread with defense of said Chevy's as the previous comment was again only intended to be humorous.

Of course you can make a Chevy run, they just can't beat a Mustang.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Around here to only person to street race me was a supercharged rustang. well we all know the results from that!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Street racing has become an acquired taste for most. I used to enjoy it and swear that it would be a cold day in hell before I ever went to the track. Then 17 year olds started to think that it was cool to take mommy's Accord and slap a fart can and wing on it and drive like Paul Walker. Now, I play in the twisties, no more straight line stuff. I also heard that if you get caught in California multiple times then they crush your car? Not sure how true that is though.

Btw, does anyone know the true reason for putting that wing on a fwd car? It's so that when it rains and hydrolocks the motor, you can push it away like a shopping cart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts