Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I should have been quicker. A member posted his car for sale on Friday. I made contact, he put up pics. Great car, great price. He sold it to carmax yesterday. Bummer.

My problem, I love my GTO. I've had it 10 years. I have a 70 Judge also. You see my attachment. I would like to keep the Goat around also. So I was looking into that and thought I should really drive one of these to make sure I would be happy with the Challenger. Monday night I headed to the dealership to take one for a spin. No dice, 40 cars not one a 6 speed. Look on the forum yesterday and see that he sold the car to carmax. Kinda bent that I missed it but not completely sure what I missed.

Today my day off, I find a 6 speed, take if for a spin, now I am sick to my stomached. If only I could have found one Monday night I would probably be on my way home with a Purple Challeger right now.

So I guess I am officially on the hunt.

Had to get it off my chest.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Buy it from carmax?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My daughter was laughing at me because she found me looking at the Carmax that I think is closest to him to see if they had it up yet.

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
Guess I should have been quicker. A member posted his car for sale on Friday. I made contact, he put up pics. Great car, great price. He sold it to carmax yesterday. Bummer.

My problem, I love my GTO. I've had it 10 years. I have a 70 Judge also. You see my attachment. I would like to keep the Goat around also. So I was looking into that and thought I should really drive one of these to make sure I would be happy with the Challenger. Monday night I headed to the dealership to take one for a spin. No dice, 40 cars not one a 6 speed. Look on the forum yesterday and see that he sold the car to carmax. Kinda bent that I missed it but not completely sure what I missed.

Today my day off, I find a 6 speed, take if for a spin, now I am sick to my stomached. If only I could have found one Monday night I would probably be on my way home with a Purple Challeger right now.

Thanks
That car wasn't "meant to be" for you. Now you will find an even better one and you'll be happy about how it all turned out. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,044 Posts
It can take a while before CarMax puts it up for sale. I sold them a Camaro and it took a month to show up, of course they sold it quickly and made $3,000 off of it. I am also selling my Challengers and my Mustang to CarMax starting this weekend as I have to leave over seas for at least a year. CarMax and others make selling so much easier.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
There's definitely no shortage of cars out there for sale if you have patience.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, still have a fun car to roll around in. I'll find something.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yep, still have a fun car to roll around in. I'll find something.
Hey, now at least you know it's the car for you. That's a win. I think the right thing will come around. Good luck!

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
897 Posts

Thanks

Keep the Goat if you can.

And set your sights on an SRT over a 5.7 R/T if possible.

I sold my '05 MBM GTO a couple of months after I bought my Challenger. I definitely miss the 30 extra horsepower. And ... the SRT seats are closer to the GTO seats .... which are more comfortable than the R/T seats.

I'm not saying that I don't like my R/T Classic .... I do. To me, the R/T is a "Performance Coupe" where the GTO is a "Muscle Car." But there are days when I miss the power and violence of the Goat.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Bro your in texas there is a challenger there I'm in love with I aimost wann drive down there but it a lil to far for me

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Plum Crazy is a 2014 Color, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a dealer that has one on the lot. Probably cut you a good deal on it since they're trying to clear out space for 2015's.

·
Registered
576 Posts
<--- has a 6-spd 2013 SRT in Plum Crazy you can buy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Drove a Plum Crazy r/t yesterday. Had the cool snorkel hood too. I love the hood, stands tall from inside the car.

I'm wondering about the timing of buying a use Challenger. With the 2015's coming and being the first real change... Shouldn't the values finally drop a little. These cars seam to really hold their value. You can buy what ever you want from 2010 to 13 if you got 30k in your pocket. Squeak out a little more and go new. I think I may wait it out and see what happens when the 15's show up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts