Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just ordered a pair of bumper plugs for my 2012 R/T Classic and was just wanting to make sure that there are only 2 holes from the factory/dealer front tag holder before I remove it and find out I need another pair. Can anyone verify the number of holes or does it depend???

Thank you!!!:smile:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My experience is that the dealer may have drilled 4 holes even when 2 is all that was needed (what happened to me). Best bet is just pull the plate holder off and look. Word of warning. Those plate holders collect dirt/sand. You may find an obnoxious scuff ring around the plate holder.

I was so disgusted that I just left the plate holder on, even though my state doesn't require a front plate. Couple years after I got the car, I hit a deer and demolished the front end. When they replaced the front bumper, I had them leave the plate holder off, so now I have a clean slick front bumper with no holes.

Not sayin' you should go out and hit a deer at 60MPH like I did, but it worked for me.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the heads up on the filth!! And no, I hope to never hit a deer at any speed!!! :) Wish me luck!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
All four holes were drilled on mine also and I was able to compound out the lines that were left after the holder came off.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Same - 4 holes. Bought from a new Ohio dealer, and I'm in Indiana. It was a NOS 2017 I bought in 2018, so for the price, four bumper plugs wasn't a deal breaker.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only had 2 holes and the dirt wasn't too bad! However, there are marks left by the holder that I can't get off. What type of compound did you use to remove the marks?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here is a pic of mine installed. Not perfect, but 1000% better than the monstrosity that we were given.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,010 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,010 Posts

You can also find the correct size "Christmas tree" fastener, and paint the heads

A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts