Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Thursday night after work I'm driving home [FONT=&quot]on the 55 south after 4th st where it meet with the 5 south. I was in the fast lane, traffic had slowed then stopped, the lady behind wasn’t slowing down fast enough, I had plenty of room and kept moving forward to give her more room, when she realized she was going too fast, she tried to switch lanes. She turned her head back and when she looked forward, she hit me. :( I moved forward some more so it wouldn’t be as bad. But she still hit me. She was trying to switch lanes so she would't hit me dead on.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My car is at the shop and will hopefully be back Thursday. Bumper is being replaced and they are going to do a dentless removal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My stratus I had like 8 years and nothing.
My Challenger 5 months and bam.
Sad.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

·
Registered
536 Posts
Everytime I drive on the 55 I see an accident...I always cross my fingers when Im driving on it...Sorry for your accident...Ive had my car for 4 months and I avoid even parking next to anyone in a parking lot since Im so worried about getting a small ding.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The worst part is I saw the whole thing coming too. I didn't see her on a cellphone and I wasn't on mine. As I was stopped I saw her coming in the rear view too fast and not slowing down. But when we got out to exchange information she did admit to me that this was the second time she had done this and also as she gets older it becomes more difficult for her to drive. Ummm, I think she was in her early 40's? That's nowhere considered old in my book.

Thanks jford21 Yea I'm ultra paranoid about parking too and have been parking further out in the lot.

I asked Enterprise to give me a Challenger in the meantime because I know they have them and I rented one out from them before.

They gave me a convertible mustang. :indifferent:

I'm supposed to get her back Thursday...ugghhh...

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
ouch...hope everything works out for yah

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea thanks! I got my ride back on Thursday. I had them do a dentless. Bu,per matched good but tiny lil scratch they couldn't polish out so I'm going to use some swirl X and hopefully mask a bit. It's better than them painting the whole 1/4 panel. I'll take a photo and post it tomorrow.

But any damage was like a heart attack to me ha. I'm sure you all get what I mean ha.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had my car exactly 6 weeks, went to the grocery store, came out to find a shopping cart inpaled in my front fender. I couldnt believe it. It was dented bad enough that I had a new fender put on. In the end I needed half my passanger door repainted too as they had to blend the paint from the new fender, with black pearl coat paint I didnt have a choice. Luckily, the body shop did a great job with the paint.....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh man! From a shopping cart?? 6 weeks new, ouch! Sorry. That blows. Well the shop did a decent job check it! I can live with this ha.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
From the pics, looks like a good repair job.
From the pics, looks like the tail light needs adjusting.

Oh man! From a shopping cart?? 6 weeks new, ouch! Sorry. That blows. Well the shop did a decent job check it! I can live with this ha.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Within 8 months of ownership I got rear ended twice, both 20 yo girls doin the rear view make up cell phone driving way to fast while pretending the were not behind the wheel thing. Like that stupid commercial. First shot was bad, 8 g's damage. Second shot, 6 g. Great shop fixed her like new. But...the car was jinxed imo. I'm up to 40 thou miles and love Spanky, but I do look forward to the day where we part ways and a new Challenger comes into my life. I feel your pain in a big way. The loss is forever though. Sorry.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Excellent repair,

Yes it's getting Mad Max on some highways,
Even driving as defensively as you can is no quarantee.
:smoker:

·
Registered
50 Posts

They did a real good job, looks nice !!

·
Registered
410 Posts
First week I had my SE, got hit by a shopping cart blowing in the wind. Didn't do much damage, just scraped some paint. Very minimal, but I liken it to a battle scar. Gives it character.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts