Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to put this out there. I know M/T says you only need a brief or very mild burnout with there et street SS and et street R radial tires, well I want to let you know thats B.S. unless your doing your burnout in a glue puddle. My 2019 scat pack with mid mufflers deleted and nothing removed to reduce weight and about 5/8 tank of gas these are my consistent times and speed in the 1/4 mile at Alamo City Motorplex. I will include slips and you can youtube or Facebook ACM scat pack and I am the only purple scat out there in 2020 (there is a purple hell cat, and a scat pack will beat any stock hell cat in the 1/8 mile with sticky tires). Stock 375 perrelli p zero at 24 psi 12.3 to 12.4 @ 114 mph burnout made no difrence. MT et Street R 14 psi mild burnout 11.8 to 11.9 @ 116 mph. MT et Street R at 13 psi with a hard dark smoke for 3 to 5 seconds after smoking good burnout( manual 2nd gear peddle to the floor until its been smoking 3 to 5 seconds, let off break and continue to smash it till it chirps and grabs, even if you have to backup to stage) 7.4 1/8 mile and average 11.6 to 11.7 @ 118 best 11.46 @ 122 , have not been able to duplicate best run yet, don't know if was the temp, the timer or whatever, i have run 11.59 yo 11.60 several times. So to get to the point, smoke the crap out of your DR'S. After your race, if your tires are not sticky like duct tape with contact cement on them and literally will leave rubber on your hand when you touch them, then do a harder burnout. Just try it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
What are your 60ft times. That is what matters most. If your 60’s aren’t somewhere between 1.6-1.7, then your tires are not working. If they are consistent to witching a 1/100 then they are working. There are many factors to consider not just length of burnout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Definitely need the slips/ 60' numbers to compare please - also, is your car an auto or manual?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have been using MT's for a number of years on different cars and never encountered a problem. In each car I would spin them until I felt the car squat then lift off the brake and spin up towards the line. Never a really long burnout and hooked every time. All cars were autos. I tried all the other drag radials and the MT worked the best on the track and were the best on wet rainy roads.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
715 Posts
A thousand ONE...You're Done...
...at the track...Not on a cold unprepped track...Some common sense applied...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts