Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I just got the Challenger out after a long winter, I've driven it only a couple of times but this morning was the first time I had the lights on. When I did, I noticed that there were two areas on the dash that looked odd. See the attached pictures. Notice the dark areas to the left of each gauge - these are not shadows but rather dark spots that aren't lit.

I'm not sure if some lights burned out, if this is something else or if it's normal. I haven't driven the car for a few months, maybe it's always been this way and I don't remember?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
In the white background portions of Challenger gauges, there are no light bulbs or LEDs for illumination. An electroluminescent display (like some watches) is used. If there is a failure in this "sheet lighting," most likely the entire sheet would need to be replaced, if it is even serviced separately from the entire gauge cluster.

If you are in a cold enough climate, maybe it is just a small intrusion of frost inside that needs to thaw and evaporate out.

Other than these possibilities, I have no more ideas for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,400 Posts
Mine started doing this after it sat for a week when we had snow. The dark area changes, sometimes like the above pics and sometimes shrinks to almost gone. Mine is on both sides of the temp gauge, and only the temp gauge. Any fixes found yet???

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,400 Posts
Mine's in the shop having a new instrument panel installed to repair this problem. Costs $829 plus labor. Thank God I bought the warranty!

Reactions: 19johned53
1 - 4 of 4 Posts