Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I updated my HID housings with UM.NITZAS brand of Angel Eyes LED light HALOs.

I just thought I'd share the install pics and what they look like when on. These are not for the faint of heart or those woried about warranty issues. The headlight housings had to be extensively modified. (No these do NOT bake apart). I think they are stunning even in daylight.

Before with the front disassembled.

the Halo to install. Easy 2 wire connection, no inverters to get wet.

The finished re-glued housing with Halo installed.

What it all looks like in day light and night.

For those thinking about this mod on a scale of 1 to 10 hardness factor. Easyily an 8.

Now there is one more Challenger with Halos in Texas that is not Mecha's work. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Are the Halo's yellow? Or is that just the pictures. Halo's aren't really my cup of tea, but I must complement you on your effort to put those in. How did you get the lenses apart?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are amber. I plan to change my fog lights to amber to complement them also. The color is close to being a shade of orange.

The housings had to be cut apart and epoxied back together.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think they look really good! However, that's a bit to much work for me!

BTW Arioch, I love Foamy! :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking the front nose off is rehearsal for the cam change to come. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes they are amber. I plan to change my fog lights to amber to complement them also. The color is close to being a shade of orange.

The housings had to be cut apart and epoxied back together.
Good mod I also want to do it in a Hemi-Orange color. Glad to hear amber is close. I hear it is very difficult to open the headlight housing to get the halos in there. Did you have much difficult opening the case? How did you do it? Follow the same instructions for halos on Chargers?

Thanks for any tips,
Later

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good mod I also want to do it in a Hemi-Orange color. Glad to hear amber is close. I hear it is very difficult to open the headlight housing to get the halos in there. Did you have much difficult opening the case? How did you do it? Follow the same instructions for halos on Chargers?

Thanks for any tips,
Later
I have the factory HID lights. The glue holding these together won't soften like the Charger lights do. I cut the housing into and epoxied them back together. I have heard the regular housing will heat up and come apart if you don't have HID's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
These are nice mod I want to install some red ones on my car. How difficult was it to take off the front bumper and how long did it take? Do you have more pics on how to seperate the housing?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have anymore pictures of how the housings came apart. It takes about an hour and a half to take the front off.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why thank you sir. You should see how fast people move over when they see it coming from behind.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!! She does have nice lights! I mean the car.

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
Congrats man. Looks great.

Before with the front disassembled.
My wife just saw this picture and said your car doesn't look right. I explained what you were installing and that the whole front nose was removed. Then requested for her to go back to bed. :brickwall:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wife just saw this picture and said your car doesn't look right. I explained what you were installing and that the whole front nose was removed. Then requested for her to go back to bed. :brickwall:
Yeah, It wasn't very aerodynamic in that photo. :rofl:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Was it really necessary to remove the entire front end to remove the headlights?

·
Registered
562 Posts
yes, you have to take the entire front end off to remove the lights.

·
Vendor
19 Posts
Very old, but still very cool, we still offer these on our site

1 - 19 of 19 Posts