Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couple of days ago the Challenger has emitted a strong smell like burning plastic. At 1st I assumed it must be an issue with the exhaust, as I just had the Corsa installed 2 months ago. So I was planning to take it to the shop where I had that done, since the dealer didn't install it. But today I noticed the windshield sprayers aren't spraying, though the fluid is full.

It'll be a few days before I can take it to the dealer, but in the mean time, can the smell and that not working be related?

·
Registered
330 Posts
How can they knock the tube off doing exhaust??? Totaly in different areas, you had a cat back system put on (I'm assuming) under the car, the sprayer is under the hood, no reason to be even close to that to hang an exhaust system... just sayin'

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the exhaist place never even opened the hood. I have had the oil changed since, and I was under the hood to empty the catch can. I'll see if I can see anything tomorrow in daylight.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you'll be happy to know the burning pastic smell was just a plastic bag that got caught and melted on the exhaust. :) And the sprayer hose came loose for some reason, dealer fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts