Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reviewing the PEDDERS option and the WHITELINE one for bushing upgrades, but then, all complain about the stock suspension arms whatever they may be (trailing, upper, lower...) being too heavy and not handling as many 000's of Psi as the chromoly one...ok got that...but if you buy these chromoly arms they come with a whole bunch of un-branded bushings with different characteristics

having different bushings in one suspension system loses completely coherence and is a recipe for disaster as I read in other threads

so what about chromoly suspensions arms accepting a uniform set of bushings whether from PEDDERS or WHITELINE so when upgrading we don't end up with trailing arms from one vendor with a type of bushings and with upper and lower connecting arms from another vendor with different bushings in terms of characteristics, tensile strength etc...

then imagine changing the bushings on K members and rear suspension cradle with PEDDERS or WHITELINE and then having some unknown bushings on suspension arms with the vendor just claiming they are the most aggressive out there...

so for a uniform set up, are we pretty much [email protected]@t out of luck and install PEDDERS or WHITELINE on stock suspension arms and called it a day because they are no other alternatives?

Please help!

Cheers:scratchhead:

ODP

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
love the love i got on this thread...bump bumpy bump

I guess when i manufacture my own chromoly suspensions arms accepting either WHITELINE or PEDDERS I may have some more "attention" from peeps interested in having the same set of bushings installed all around the suspension cradle/K-member with the a uniform set of sturdy, 41xx steel suspension arms

i just don't understand why spending +1,700 USD on a complete set of bushings only to install them on crappy stock parts....

anyone....oh yes bump, bumpy, bump....I almost forgot

Cheers

ODP

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
I don't understand your objective here. I have mixed and matched suspension components from multiple vendors without an issue. What are you trying to do?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand your objective here. I have mixed and matched suspension components from multiple vendors without an issue. What are you trying to do?
trying to have a uniform suspension system in regards to bushings all from the same vendor hence same characteristics and have the best quality/ performing control/tension/upper/lower control arms that i can find

again upgrading bushings on stock arms makes little sense to me, plus have heard many stories where mixing bushings with different tensile strength yields very poor results; however it all depends what is being upgraded and what remains stock

please share your suspension setup since you have no issues with mix and match

Thank you

ODP

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you looking to replace the arms? I.E. Control arms and tension arms?

We will be happy to help with this and you can definitely put mix and match parts in if you have to.

We can get both here!
Thanks
mikey
trust me Mikey i hear you, have been visiting the site quite often; my shopping cart is bursting but i spent a lot of cash on track time this year, tires and other stuff

my plan is to definitely replace the bushings on the K member and the rear cradle and heck i might upgrade to the razor edge K member for some weight saving, but then i am really not interested in keeping stock arms;

i have seen plenty of vendors on the net but their Chromoly arms come with bushings that are supposedly super sturdy and that just does not work with stock k member/cradle bushings as it just transfers more stress to them (OEM is a compromise between comfort and street performance); i don't even know if their stuff would work in harmony with pedders or whiteline bushings; everything works together especially with suspension

this is where i want a whole system uniform in both its bushings characteristics and the steel structure hosting it

for now i am in road course hell and i really need to be able at the very least pull 1.20g lateral with that monster on street tires; so suspension work is a must before I start to cam up and head work this engine to churn 500+ hp at the rear

hope this clears the pix

finally, for example, on the arms you sell, do you carry bushings if i were to need replacement for whatever reason?

Thank you

ODP

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
As far as the arms go we have chromoly adjustable upper front control arms and billet aluminum Rear tension arms as well as billet aluminum adjustable rear control arms. All these come with bushings installed, and yes the bushings are replaceable if need be in the future. We have been combining these with our whiteline bushings for other areas on the car such as the cradle area etc. You would not believe the difference in the car with these arms installed when complimented with a full array of the whiteline bushings, unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Pedders and Whiteline are essentially the same "composition" bushings just different colors I would stick with Pedders know a bunch of folks running full Pedders systems not very many (none actually) running Whiteline.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of you guys but i might i have found what i am looking for;

it will be custom and fabricated but if can make these 2 vendors work together i will end up with a racing type of suspension that will work for the goal i have which is pull 1.5G lateral on the challenger

thanks all, will keep you posted on progress

Cheers

ODP

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts