Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must have missed some discussions, but I just received new bushings from Barton, and I have a few questions.

1) Why did we get them?
2) Are they necessary for functionality?
3) How deep do I need to go to replace them? Do I have to take everything apart again?

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
474 Posts
Barton developed another bushing to address noise issues some were reporting. Dave Barton described the new busing and why in one of his posts. I assume if you are satisfied then there is no reason to go back in and install the new bushing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I received them today as well. Took it all apart again and installed the new bushing with the correct torque spec. Simple to do, but you can tell that there is a little more slop. Very, very little slop

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like I don't need them, but I'll keep them in the spare parts bin.

Thanks for the great CS Dave!

Justin

·
Vendor
244 Posts
Yeah, they are to make the shifter quieter. If you are happy with the way it is, don't bother. Most of the guys that have the original bushings installed have no noise or very little and are completely happy. There have been some that wanted it quieter so we addressed it and just sent out bushings to everyone that already had the shifter.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Got the new bushings today. Does this strip with the hole in it go between the rear block stud and the back of the tunnel cover?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Yes that is what the strip is for. Less metal to metal contact
Thank you, I'll have to give this a whirl this weekend. I have rubber washers there, but this strip looks to be much stronger material and should last longer than these cheap rubber washers from Lowes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts