Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One step closer to completion

Well had the day off today and Ben had a unused lift at the shop today so I took the opportunity to button up the drive train.

I still had parts I took off the Charger, my SHR Tranny,Getrag Diff rebuilt with the upgraded clutch packs by Paul, Bens partner. I also and trying something new I have been a diehard PI converter guy but decided I would try something different since I never had anything but a PI so I ordered a 4000 stall Dominator Coverter from Bill.

BTW my Getrag was shot, I should have took pics the clutch material was gone

It was a rough job for a non mechanic but I was in the right place when I ran into trouble help was close ......Ben told me a s a flatrate mechanic I would probably starve LMFAO

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Your going to luv it. Nice parts, I was not sure exactly where mine left at, until loging data. I can see throttle go 127% open couple tenths later, I can see the wheel move in the data, look to rpm in the log, Tells me Im leaving at 4100 rpm before the car moves an inch.
Im hooked.
I just installed my center section, mine was the 215mm open. A friend of mine Dyno Steve, he sold me his from the 9:70 SRT turbo challenger, i put it into my Rt with the DSS 1000hp shafts.
I hope I dont have cluches as you said yours looked like... lol lol No Pics, luv to see them.
FT

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
right, but I went to the gettrag replacing my 215mm, I have now a used gettrag, that went 9s in his challenger, why I was wondering how the clutches look.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right, but I went to the gettrag replacing my 215mm, I have now a used gettrag, that went 9s in his challenger, why I was wondering how the clutches look.

You will know when you start doing 1 wheel burnouts, my last time at the track last year most of my burnouts were one wheel

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I see no more 1 wheel burns nice patch you left out front on Saturday nice solid and uniform burnout it's working just fine :thumbsup:
Al I think Gene was looking to upgrade his diff...

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Gene wrong car that diff came out of Kahleds car so it hasn't seen near the track time just some long burnouts on stock tires and maybe 10 passes at the strip with sticky tires :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts