Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I've been planning. I currently own a 2007 dodge charger superbee. It has a magna supercharger and puts down 540 rwhp. My goal is to have 1000 rwhp. I've been in talks with a place Sterling MA about this very subject. We have worked out a quote for putting in a new engine, new tranny, new fuel system, and hellion twin turbos and tune to E85. Guy said I should come close to the 1000 hp. Now my slight dilemma is. Not sure if I should just buy a Hellcat. with all that work to be done, it would run about 45K. A used hellcat is still about 50K..that means you have to go through all that stress of selling your car. then when you get the hellcat, you're still down by 300 or more horsepower to hit the 1000, which is my goal. Not to mention, I kinda like having a first year superbee. Only 2000 of them were made.

Just curious what you guys think

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
304 Posts
Sounds like you already have a sweet ride.

I would drop 45k in a 1970 Charger (retromod) but not a 2007. So Hellcat.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,924 Posts
You may want 1000HP, and you may get it with your build, but putting the rubber down like a HC will be another expensive challenge that will be needed.

It'll take more than just big rubber.

Best of luck on your quest.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
A Car that can Stick 600hp to the Ground vs a car with just a HP upgrade will beat that HP ... Its about Sticking it that's the trick to it all, HP Upgrade, then the Trans, then the Drive Shaft, then the Rear, The Springs, the Re-enforcing it etc., is a PITA, Turbos add a super Heat Issue, Upgraded Cooling for Engine, Trans, Larger Oil Capacity and Cooling, and if it gets wrecked and deemed a total the upgrades get tossed in the junk pile when they total the car every upgrade is gone. You also put the cash into the upgrades most Lots and Dealers will not take it on trade so now its finding a person with deep pockets...

Get a Hellcat more practical move just my honest opinion, I put mega cash into 2 Turbo Regals, a real GNX, and a more Rare TTYPE that was fully factory GNX equipped the nearly 37k of upgrades back then was an obsession that was a funnel for both Regals. Then I took a 79 Camaro Z28 I swapped out the engine trans rear , sub frame kit etc, put in a 671 Super Charged 427, Dough Nash 5 Speed, 9 inch ford , The car got demolished when a stolen Semi hit it I got Kelly Blue Book for it ... They were fast cars to do it again no way, get the most you can get thats stock less issues and better in the end. Been there done that.

If it cost you 45k to upgrade look for SRT8 in good shape with all Maintenance records or trade up and spend the difference for a new beast...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Put $45k into an 07 Charger and it's still only worth $10k on a good day. If your annual income is $250k a year or more, go for it, otherwise pass.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
At that HP level it’s a no brainer. The Hellcat is engineered much more able to deal with that type of power. There will be 100 things that will come up that you didn’t even think about and no matter what anyone says your reliability will be no where near a turned up Hellcat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Put $45k into an 07 Charger and it's still only worth $10k on a good day. If your annual income is $250k a year or more, go for it, otherwise pass.
Nah, i can get at least 22-25k for it....supercharger, over 15K in sound system. exhaust, cam...I'm probably gonna ask for 26K, if I sell it.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
id go hellcat. You might find 700 is good enough for the street and if you want more it doesnt take a second morgage to get a hellcat to a 1000. They like was said put 40k into a 10k car that MIGHT bring 15k if you happen to find the right buyer (and theres none around here) just doesnt make sense. Add to that you need to factor in things like brakes and suspension to handle that power. You will not get 25 for your car. When i was looking for a used challenger there was a supercharged 15 srt that the guy started at 35k for and was down to 24k and nobody would buy it. He still has it. Nobody wanted a car with a supercharger and 70k on it. Especially considering he didnt have receipts for a professional install or a dyno tune. Best bet with your car is figure its worth 10k and take off what you can like the super charger and sell it. Most people buying a car like that are young people and will need to go to a bank to get a loan. NO BANK is going to give 25k let alone 15k for an 07 charger.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
What a waste of money. $45K to get "1000hp" from a 2007 Dodge Charger? Wow. Just take a wad of 45,000 dollar bills and drive down the street and throw the money out the window.

You'll never get 1000hp to the pavement unless you fit the car with slicks that would make a top fuel car weep with envy. Then you'll break things right and left.

If you want more power get a Hellcat. You can find one with a warranty and in good condition. (Traded in my 2018 with 27.4K miles last November in excellent condition.) Leave it stock and enjoy 707hp all day long.

And if you leave the Hellcat stock and take care of it you can get most likely a good portion of what you paid for it back when you go to trade it in or sell it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
id go hellcat. You might find 700 is good enough for the street and if you want more it doesnt take a second morgage to get a hellcat to a 1000. They like was said put 40k into a 10k car that MIGHT bring 15k if you happen to find the right buyer (and theres none around here) just doesnt make sense. Add to that you need to factor in things like brakes and suspension to handle that power. You will not get 25 for your car. When i was looking for a used challenger there was a supercharged 15 srt that the guy started at 35k for and was down to 24k and nobody would buy it. He still has it. Nobody wanted a car with a supercharger and 70k on it. Especially considering he didnt have receipts for a professional install or a dyno tune. Best bet with your car is figure its worth 10k and take off what you can like the super charger and sell it. Most people buying a car like that are young people and will need to go to a bank to get a loan. NO BANK is going to give 25k let alone 15k for an 07 charger.
My car only has about 19K miles on it though...so it's pretty unique in that regard. when getting a loan, you simply get a personal loan. You don't have to say what it's for. I am leaning more toward the hellcat after reading all the comments.

What a waste of money. $45K to get "1000hp" from a 2007 Dodge Charger? Wow. Just take a wad of 45,000 dollar bills and drive down the street and throw the money out the window.

You'll never get 1000hp to the pavement unless you fit the car with slicks that would make a top fuel car weep with envy. Then you'll break things right and left.

If you want more power get a Hellcat. You can find one with a warranty and in good condition. (Traded in my 2018 with 27.4K miles last November in excellent condition.) Leave it stock and enjoy 707hp all day long.

And if you leave the Hellcat stock and take care of it you can get most likely a good portion of what you paid for it back when you go to trade it in or sell it.
I saw a redeye challenger I liked, but it will probably be sold by the time i sell my charger. I'd have to get a used one, maybe a 2019.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,477 Posts
You might find 700 is good enough for the street...
🤔🤔🤔🤔

I don’t think I want to live in a world in which 700 HP is not good enough for the street! 🤘

1 - 20 of 53 Posts