Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on the fence about buying a new Challenger now or waiting until the new 2015 models begin selling this September? If you recently bought a Challenger how much did you pay?

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
It might be worth it...

...if the SRT comes out with an even 500 HP, and the RT comes with 425 HP. My guess is Dodge will do what others here do to get the "bump" (tune/exhaust improvements).

I didn't want to wait. I hope some of the improvements are retoactive. $42K before taxes.

Reactions: gtu22

·
Registered
67 Posts
I couldn't wait either. My Ram was on it's last leg and the 14's had killer deals going on in October, and all I wanted was a base R/T because the cosmetic upgrades are much cheaper to do yourself, which I've done all of them for less than $1500. I couldn't be happier. Although I am waiting on the Scat Pack's cause I must have one. LoL

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Waiting sometimes works, and sometimes it "bites you in butt". Too many unknowns about a car that's not out yet.

If you find one now that you really like, that just may be the one.

Good luck

Reactions: Ohgeez

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Im in the same boat. Waited since last fall to see the Shaker package...love the hood/scoop but prefer the "classic" package still. Now waiting to see how the '15s look... I like the current one...and fear buying a "1st year model" (i work for a supplier...i know how things get rushed into production...). Also, the past few months wait has me waivering on RT vs SRT (am i the only one to prefer looks of "RT Classic" to "SRT"?) and even color, radio... This will be my 1st (and only) new car...and i'm a life long GM guy. Only thing i know is my 1st new car will be a V8/6spd Challenger...within next few months to a year if i wait for '15.

·
Registered
103 Posts
For me, 2015 will fix the cars one failing - the interior.

If you could live with the old inside, you can certainly get a deal on a 14, and the know the bugs have been worked out. If not, 15 is the way to go.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I wouldn't buy a first year model (of anything especially a car). I bought a 2014 because of that reason.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Yep, there's major changes to several areas on the 15's.

The 8 speed auto will be nice, and it's already in other vehicles. The suspensions will be totally new, as they are scrubbing the "MB" design. Also it appears that the electrical system will be totally new too.

So, we're not sure of the final looks, or how the new systems will be. I'm sure that it'll all be good, eventually. Like others have stated, the first model year of anything can be iffy in many ways.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Like others have said its usually not a good idea to buy the first year model, but the only things that are really "new" is the electrical architecture and the suspension, everything else is a carryover from other vehicles. The 8 speed has been on many different vehicles for the past few years and from what I have read (not much tbh), seem to be solid.

If this is a truly brand new electrical system then there could be some headaches, we will see.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
For me, 2015 will fix the cars one failing - the interior.

If you could live with the old inside, you can certainly get a deal on a 14, and the know the bugs have been worked out. If not, 15 is the way to go.
Funny thing, I was just about to post the exact opposite. I would buy now to avoid the new interior... I prefer (personal preference of course) the retro interior with the vintage style dash and door panels. I feel like I'm sitting in a 70's Muscle Car. To each their own...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Funny thing, I was just about to post the exact opposite. I would buy now to avoid the new interior... I prefer (personal preference of course) the retro interior with the vintage style dash and door panels. I feel like I'm sitting in a 70's Muscle Car. To each their own...
I actually like the style of it, its just the finishing I don't like. If you look at the 300 SRT, you can get a cool contrast stitch leather dash, and leather door panels - I'd really like to have those, and the spy pics looks like its an option, at least on the SRT's.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'd wait on it because you can always find one somewhere and either have it delivered or fly there and drive it home. Your choice , but remember that old saying patience is a vertue.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I wouldn't mind more power, but I have no issues with the interior the way it is, with the exception of the two big, and thin, steering wheel. Just make the interior black and I'm happy. No two tone, no colors, just black, and I'm set.

I wouldn't be too scared about buying a 15, the changes aren't all that big. The 8 speed and Hemi are a nice combo in my friend's Grand Cherokee, and they should be even better in the Challenger and Charger.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You need to wait for the 2015. The interior/exterior/drivetrain updates are sustantially and will immediately make the current challenger very dated inside and out. You need to wait. Not that much longer of a wait. The current ones will drop in price when the new one is announced as well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You need to wait for the 2015. The interior/exterior/drivetrain updates are sustantially and will immediately make the current challenger very dated inside and out. You need to wait. Not that much longer of a wait. The current ones will drop in price when the new one is announced as well.
Grrrrrrr! So you're saying I should cancel my order huh? In all seriousness though you said a price drop once announced (I'm assuming 3/22 auto show announcement). What kind of price drop? A base price drop? Dodge offering more customer incentives (I believe it's 2k now), invoice price lower, or just dealers really marking them down in the summer to get rid if them. Ill be getting mine mid April so I won't be expecting anything other than the 2k and hopefully another 500 if dodge ever send me a brochure (if it still comes with the coupon)

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would wait until the 2015s and see whats changed. If the changes and prices dont impress you enough, then Im sure you could work out a good deal on a '14.

I paid 30k (out the door) for my '13 last October.

·
Registered
53 Posts
was on the fence also,but bought a 2014 classic.Was also wondering about the interior in the 2015 and decided I liked the 'dated' interior as opposed to the way Dodge seems to be going with their new interiors.But Im an old guy!

·
Registered
601 Posts
was on the fence also,but bought a 2014 classic.Was also wondering about the interior in the 2015 and decided I liked the 'dated' interior as opposed to the way Dodge seems to be going with their new interiors.But Im an old guy!
I'm a younger person but like you with the interior. I was going to wait for the reveal on the 22nd but after looking at the charger, 300, and 200 interior I said I'll pull the trigger now. There is definitely a few things I'm going to like about the upgrades but that will always be the case. Heck you'd have to get a new one every other year to keep up. I have a feeling I'm going to really like the new front and rear but I'm perfectly fine with the current set up.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
They can modernize the instruments AND saty RETRO

I'm a younger person but like you with the interior. I was going to wait for the reveal on the 22nd but after looking at the charger, 300, and 200 interior I said I'll pull the trigger now. There is definitely a few things I'm going to like about the upgrades but that will always be the case. Heck you'd have to get a new one every other year to keep up. I have a feeling I'm going to really like the new front and rear but I'm perfectly fine with the current set up.
Ford did it on the new Mustang. They kept the classic ROUND muscle car gages, but modernized the look of the faces, and made using the tech easier.

·
Registered
627 Posts
People commenting on waiting cuz of it being new....have to remember...this "new" technology has been out since 2011 for the LX platform... there will not be many "bugs"....to work out....its just in a different package....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 43 Posts