Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge is running killer deals on the Challengers right now, makes it very tempting to go pick up a brand new Scat Pack now that I'm finally a commissioned lieutenant. I really want the octane red color and an automatic. But, I'd also really like adjustable suspension. I can't find any new or pre-owned 2019's in that configuration. I've found some used SRT 392's I like for very reasonable prices but it's almost impossible to find an octane red version.

How much longer is Dodge going to be running the current incentives on the Challengers? If they're trying to clear inventory this quickly, could they be planning something special for 2020 that would make it worth the wait? Say, a naturally aspirated 426 Hemi 50th anniversary edition? If not, am I really going to miss the adaptive suspension on a pre-owned or new Scat Pack? Or should I just settle for an SRT that isn't in my favorite color but still a color that I like?

Of course, I also have to consider whether or not to wait until the new and improved next gen Challenger comes out, and buy a used C7 Stingray in the meantime...I'm young and single, so a small 2 seat sports car would be just fine for me. More fuel efficient on long drives too, and I do plan on driving back home from my duty station to see family semi-regularly. Not sure how the reliability of the Corvette and Challenger compare, and that's important since this will be my daily.

Decisions, decisions...help?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Power dollars is good until 9/30/19, unless it's extended again. With the current 2020 info, no 426.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
The only thing I can say is it's been a couple of years since I've seen these kind of discounts. Scat Pack's for 10 grand or more under sticker price. That was unheard of until now. This is just my observation, I'm not going to give advice on what to do, but if you see an Octane Red Challenger you like now, it would be hard to fight temptation.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Octane is out there in SRT 392. 2019 deals are hard to beat, plus new. Good luck!
Yeah, they're out there, but they've been a hard color to find anywhere close to me. Those who have them probably know what they have and won't let it go.

·
Super Moderator
16,627 Posts
Part of the reason is the Scat Pack to have both the Dynamics Package and the Suspension package adds $3,195 to the price of the car (Dynamics Pkg is req) probably have most dealers order the Scat Pack Wide body which includes both of the items in the package

- and for the casual customer, you can see the differences with the body kit the 11" wheels and 305 tires for the $6k the option adds for WB

The other around its not an obvious change unless you notice the larger front brake calipers and larger rotors.

Octane Red is one of the fairly popular colors - its just that so many are Black, Granite or Destroyer Gray...

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,836 Posts
Where does your family live? Start searching around there, fly there and and drive it home. That adds some adventure to an already exciting time. If you want a Challenger, don’t confuse the issue with a Corvette.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually - We have rented a car and drove from Ohio to Oklahoma after putting a deal together over the phone/computer. Reason - If I flew the dealer had me - By driving all I had to do was turn around and walk away, there is always another car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts