Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a 13 RT auto. I have the lame 18in wheels lol. I found a nice set of chrome clads for 900, with tires and sensors. I like them but the whole 20x8 is a little diminishing. I would prefer 20X10 in back or 20X11. The front I would like to do 19X8.5 I hate the stock wheels but then I also hate how all the OEM wheels aren't wide enough for my taste. I have been looking at BBS CH-R wheels, they're like 2500 then including the tires would be 3300. What would you guys do? be patient and get some excellent wheels or take the plunge on some nice OEM chrome clads? Also do I need the TPMS sensors? Will they affect anything? or will I just see the dumb light?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Wait and get what you want.
You will need the sensors, you can pull them from your old wheels or find a set on eBay for around $50 this is what I did). I am not certain, but I believe shops are required to install the sensors in a car equipped with a pressure monitoring system. If thats the case you'll want to provide your own or pay quite a bit more.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I picked up a set of like new Torq Thrust M 20x8.5/20x10 for $600 off Craigslist. I would keep an eye out on there for wheels. Someone is always looking to get different stuff & you could possibly benifit from someone changing things up a bit.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Don't go clads. You'll grow tired of the minimal tire selection because of the narrow 20x8 size. Also, when I purchased my current wheels I elected not to install TPS. It took a full two days of driving around with no sensors before the low tire pressure dash light came on lol. That being said, how accurate can they be?

Reactions: BlackHemi41

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
. ......What would you guys do? be patient and get some excellent wheels or take the plunge on some nice OEM chrome clads?
Hold off for now man!! (If you lived closer to Tx I would "give" you my Clads) "I'm not a Chrome clad fan" so just keep shopping and make an informed decision on your wheels and tread!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, yeah the chrome clads aren't all that great but anything is better than the 18's. It does make sense to just wait and get the perfect wheel, I wonder how much of a difference the wider wheels and tires I get will have on the performance?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The 18s are way more tasteful than plastic covered 20s. Also quite a bit lighter. Both are too skinny to get wide tires on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts