1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
That's BS I hate people who try and scam like that. Did you report it? Ebay shouldnt allow things like that

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
See if you can go and pick it up in person and see what dik hole says.lol
Great idea. For sure worth sending them a message and ask them for local pick. lol

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
It is in Houston, so this would be an easy pick up for Jeff, Sam, BW and others later in the week.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Just sent them this.

"I will be in Houston soon, so I assume there would be no shipping. I will buy it now at your price if you confirm."

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
You should report it to eBay, i think there is something about outrageous shipping charges. Like Goehner said, tell them you are going to pick it up and see what they say.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ok let me give you all a little insight why this happens on eBay. I have done this at times depending on the item. I have been selling on eBay for the past several years. The whole reason behind this eBay charges a listing fee then when an item sells they charge a final value which is between 5% and 10% eBay charges based on the final value of the item and not the shipping. For example if I sell an item for $100 & $5 for shipping I end up paying about $10-15 final value fee now if I sell and item for $1 and charge $104 for shipping I only get charged about $.50 in final value fees. Then if you pay via paypal then the seller pays another 10% for receiving the money. Sellers donthis to save money and they want to be able to pass the saving to you the more they can save the more you save.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
It leads to a terrible customer experience which is why ebay has outlawed it in several product categories over the the past couple of years. I would expect them to continue rolling out maximum shipping charges on a category by category basis. As for the final value fees, ebay is providing the seller a service. There are a lot of costs associated with running a large ecommerce site--it's much different than running a business out of your home. If you don't want to pay these fees, sell the item elsewhere.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ok let me give you all a little insight why this happens on eBay. I have done this at times depending on the item. I have been selling on eBay for the past several years. The whole reason behind this eBay charges a listing fee then when an item sells they charge a final value which is between 5% and 10% eBay charges based on the final value of the item and not the shipping. For example if I sell an item for $100 & $5 for shipping I end up paying about $10-15 final value fee now if I sell and item for $1 and charge $104 for shipping I only get charged about $.50 in final value fees. Then if you pay via paypal then the seller pays another 10% for receiving the money. Sellers donthis to save money and they want to be able to pass the saving to you the more they can save the more you save.
I sell on ebay, I check shipping to Maine from Texas to get a general quote and add $3-8$ handling and do an auction starting at the lowest price I will take. I don't have to pay fees for the shipping and paypal only takes out about 3%. Thats just trying to cheat a place you are using to sell your product. Without them, you would have to pay regular fees for a newspaper so why try and cheat them. Just my opinion. I love ebay, got nailed a few times but it got worked out. Them and Paypal are great tools for us selling nation/world wide and we all know good tools aren't cheap!:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts