Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,513 Posts
Word to your Mother

A Guy
I have an episode of In Living Color recorded off TV onto VHS in which Jim Carrey does a Vanilla Ice parody by singing Ice Ice Baby live, and at the very end of the performance he turns around to reveal the back of his bedazzled jacket, which read, “Word to Your Mother

Funny show, great cast of characters, literally and figuratively...

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,565 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,761 Posts
And get them coated inside and out. They will still rust on the inside eventually. Personally, I would only get stainless on any exhaust component I ever bought, I never want to do any job twice.
Which is also why on my 1967 El Camino after engine swap (well worn 327 - ZZ4 350) we kept stock iron manifolds, and 23 years later, still untouched.
Back to the OP, for $1,800 I assume those are stainless, correct?

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Man, something strange is going on here...I just watched Operation Odessa on Netflix (great watch BTW, highly recommend), and I do mean just, as in finished it 2 minutes ago. And the song that plays as the credits is rolling is none other than Ice Ice Baby!

Is this a brave new world or what???

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts

·
Registered
2018 PCP Challenger Scat Pack w/dynamics
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
And get them coated inside and out. They will still rust on the inside eventually. Personally, I would only get stainless on any exhaust component I ever bought, I never want to do any job twice.
Which is also why on my 1967 El Camino after engine swap (well worn 327 - ZZ4 350) we kept stock iron manifolds, and 23 years later, still untouched.
Back to the OP, for $1,800 I assume those are stainless, correct?
Correct, they are stainless

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
OP, in the end you bought the best headers you can get for this car. Its always a pleasure installing quality parts for me, i just sit there and gawk at them sometimes

You might be having buyers remorse still, but down the line if you keep the car you will be glad you went with kooks .

And if you dont keep the car those bitches have killer resale value hah

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
433 Posts
I've been running uncoated stainless works headers for over a year now. ($960 shipped new). They're not as shiny as they were new but they're definitely not rusted at all. And I live in NJ and daily drive it through everything, hell you gotta see the rust growing on my rear quarter panels. 304 Stainless is very corossion resistant, which stainless works, kooks, ARH and a few others all use. As far as ceramic coatings helping with heat I can't say, but from other people I know who have them, they didn't make any noticeable performance difference. But they do look nice and shiny for a little bit longer.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,565 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts