Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my Challenger after a year upon returning to the states from Europe.

- Monthly payments were 660 (affordable but after paying it down to 20k, I wanted to refinance).
- No bank or FCU wanted to re-finance. Seriously refinance at 7% and my Credit score is 770+...
- Challenger didnt work well with my phone or NAV either.**Something I had to get back to the states to experience
- Traded my ride in for a Subaru Crosstrek XV (Orange) and refinanced it to drop the insurance/monthly by 70%.
- The new car is humble, spacious, and its easier to maneuver. Also got it for the AWD for the snow as State Law requires you to have chains on your car in the snow but AWD wont require them with appropriate tires on.

After two months.

The dealership is right by my condo and I drive by my Challenger everyday. Sucks that I am feeling this 'wanting it back' and 'I've made a mistake' as its eating me alive everyday that I drive by my HO R/T. I miss the power, the rev, the bright orange color in the sun. Everything that the car had was specifically for me when I ordered it. Looking at it every time I drive by it, it kills me.

There's no way I'm starting new on payments, especially starting at the price that they want for it now. Plus the new Challengers look sweet with the Shakers...hoping to see a newer/slimmer/lighter model of the Challenger in 2015/2016.

Going to do my first oil change...

"Hey you sell my car yet?" "noo?..." "Want me to take it back?" :naughty:

lol

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Sorry to hear. I guess about the only thing to do is to save, save, save and get another one someday.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear. I guess about the only thing to do is to save, save, save and get another one someday.
I'm hopin' to get another Header Orange 6-SPEED or the new one's with the HO color (I'm hopin). lol

I found a ton of cheap ones for around a price I would get but they're ALL AUTOMATIC.

hahahaha.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I did something similar: after 13 months I traded my Bright White 2012 392 6-speed for a fully-loaded new 2012 300 SRT...only to miss the Challenger SO much that after only 3 months I traded the 300 for an new Blue Streak 2012 392 6-speed.

I lost thousands of dollars, but am happy and grateful to have a second chance at owning a 392 6-speed...and absolutely love the color of this one.

·
Registered
959 Posts
FWIW: Subarus are great cars; I've owned three to date and still have a 92 SVX. Pay it off and keep it as it will come in handy for lots of things you don't want to use the Challenger for. The Crosstrek is in high demand as I understand it.

You'll get over the trade and better things are coming down the road for the Challenger so just hang in there a bit longer. It's not like anyone is going to take your man card away.

Happy Holidays

·
Premium Member
9,211 Posts
They haven't sold your car in two months? Maybe you can get a great deal on it. :D
Ever notice when you trade it,is not worth anything but when you go to buy it is worth gold?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Also got it for the AWD for the snow as State Law requires you to have chains on your car in the snow but AWD wont require them with appropriate tires on.
Just wondering what state requires chains for the snow?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You gave up fun for practicality. See if you can find a car/truck that will meet you in between. Maybe a Subaru STi???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts