Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ,

Skip to the last 2 paragraphs if you dont want the whole story.

this forum has been a lot of help in finally making me make up my mind about buying a scatpack challenger.

I owned ws6 trans am automatic for 5 years while studying in the us and it was a blast to drive. But i regret that it wasnt a manual everytime i got into it. So this car will definitely will be a m6 even though traffic here in “kuwait” is bumper to bumper 75% of the time everywhere.

Before i sign the papers and finalize the purchase , is there any news about the 2020 version? I did my research and read every thread and couldn't find much info beside the upgrade to a 426 hemi.

I was torn between destroyer grey and go mango and b5 bue.

Ive seen dg and b5 in person and both are amazing. But no go mango to be found here. I saw many pictures and videos online and it always looked redish with a hint of orange so I definitely wanted that. But after more research, every person that have seen it person says it’s definitely orange and not red at all. “ can anyone confirm “

So i made up my mind that it will be a b5 blue manual scatpack.

The price of a scatpack here is more expensive than a hellcat in the us. Which sucks. Only with dodge dealer , dont know why... i can buy a brand new bmw 7 serious fully loaded for the price of a scatpack her. “ just so you can imagine the price ” the bmw aint got shit on the challenger.

I test drove it ... and even though it didnt feel faster than my stock 2001 ws6 that i had which was in 2011 . The looks of the challenger is beyond amazing.

So ya , main question ... should i wait for the 2020? Or its not worth it? “ keep in mind that the reason i dont want to wait is because the price will prolly increase by 5-8k us dollars for a 2020 scatpack than if i were to buy a 2019 now... it will take 5 months for it to be built and delivered here.

And when is the last date for us residents to order a 2019 scatpack?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
No news on the 2020 yet, as it won't start production until November. Any early release of 2020 model info will pull from 2019 sales if we already know what's coming. The 426 is just a rumor at the moment and there has been no proof of it yet. Though, a lot of folks and myself think it's a possibility for the 50th anniversary.

I'm waiting on 2020 info myself to decide if I get a 2019 or 20.

If this is to believed https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-chrysler.html August 1 2019 is the last date for 2019 orders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts