Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was holding out for a 2011 SRT8, but the more I thought about it, the more I was attracted to the R/T. There are some killer deals on the R/T right now. Way below MSRP with 0% financing. With a kid on the way (daycare etc.) I think the R/T is more in my price range.

So I'm looking to buy one very soon, maybe this week if they can find it for me.

Here's my question:

Are there any options that are must haves? Things that would be a big mistake to not get?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Electronic convenience package is a nice to have. I could live without it but not very well. If your getting a 2010, I heard rumors that the EVIC is going to fall under another package on11s so you might need to check on that and make sure if you want Uconnect it's on there. Just because the radio has a Uconnect button doesn't meen it will work.

·
Super Moderator
15,745 Posts
Super Track Pack - great "bang" for the buck. Available for 'stick or automatic.
This option gets you the larger rear sway bar and the SRT spec rear shocks.

For sound system = R/T - Sound Group II option: this upgrade gets more amplification and the subwoofer (this is the Boston Acoustics system, not the SRT Kicker sound system)

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you decide on an R/T, make sure you get the Super Track Pak.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Depending on your luck it could be a big mistake to get one with a sunroof. Lots of people here that would agree with that.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Don't let the F1 tires sway you away from getting the track pack. I didn't get it because I thought the RS-A tires would last alot longer but after talking about it on here it looks like they both wear out at about the same rate.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was all excited about potentially buying it today, but with options the price is way higher than the $29K listed online. More like $37K.

Maybe I'll check out some used ones.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Might look around a little more before getting used. This close to the 11s comming out I'ld think they would want to sell them more than that. I got mine for about that and the sticker was 39.2k about 3 months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts