Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Well as you can gather from the user name I am new to car buying, however I am a huge fan of the challenger and love the looks and what is under the hood. I found an advertisement from a local Dodge dealer selling a reasonable affordable Challenger and I thought could this be mine?

Anyway to the point, I just wanted some pro (you guys) opinions on the listing for the vehicle and what you thought of the price the dealer has listed, it was cut down somewhat however do you feel that they would potentially cut lower? Is this particular vehicle worth it I guess is what I'm trying to ask. Any help is greatly appreciated by you all!

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
389 Posts
You'll need to provide a little more info - like what model of Challenger (SE, RT or SRT8, etc). Prices between the models vary significantly as well as how they are optioned out.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i would think you could get 25% or more off right now on 2010 6 cylinders....the 6 really got a power upgrade for 2011 which makes the 2010 leftovers worth even less..

id push for $7-$8k off

how much are 2010 RT's? i always push people towards RT's if they can afford it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i would certainly try for more off. im looking at 2010 R/T's base, and they are almost being reduced to the same price as that....BUT i didn't pay attention to where you are, im thinking in USD.....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I was thinking the price was a little high, but this Canadian price, little more than American. They will probably knock at little more off the price since it is last years model. You just have to deal with them, be strong and have a price you want to pay, but don't low ball to much. Also don't let them try to add stuff to the car like undercarriage protectant etc, it's unnecessary. Good luck

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
go to cars.com and ask every dealer w/ in 100 miles for their best price...you will get 5-10 offers within 8 hours...you will see where the market is...most wont take counter offers, but a couple of them will...typically 1 or 2 of them call back in a few days to drop their offers too...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
go to cars.com and ask every dealer w/ in 100 miles for their best price...you will get 5-10 offers within 8 hours...you will see where the market is...most wont take counter offers, but a couple of them will...typically 1 or 2 of them call back in a few days to drop their offers too...
The only thing is that I am in Canada, if there was a Canadian equivalent to the site it would be perfect!

Btw all - thanks for the suggestions/help thus far!

·
Registered
249 Posts
IMHO, hold off a bit longer....save a few more $$$
then spring for an R/T...Hemi ftw ! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
CarNewbie a buddy of mine just bought an R/T 6speed for 33,000 plus taxes you might want to look harder or maybe tell them cut price more his had a lot of options my R/T Classic is on order 5 weeks away hoping

·
Registered
54 Posts
After I did the 6 month of humming and hawing, waiting for a deal etc, I broke down. Waiting for 2011 V6 reviews vs 2010 RT's, etc I ended up with 2010 RT Classic for a huge discount (like 13k off sticker).

My personal advice - with the 2011's coming out and you're in the V6 market, I would wait for the pentastar v6's near you. The horsepower difference is significant, unless you plan on pimping itout, but even then, 50hp is a big difference for this big girl.

I am also a member of CarCostCanada.com, which is mfgr-dealer pricing. Typically the profit margin on a SXT is only about 1-2k, more based on options, but not a significant amount. The RT is about 5k and same with the SRT8, I didn't do a report for the 392 tho (some girls need to have their secrets).

Your best bet is if Dodge still has the $4000 off a 2010, then do a pricematch on CCR and the like and you might be pushing under 6k with that. Push the 8k off as it IS a 2010 and hey, 2011's are being released so more lot room for them.

You may also be interested in looking at the RT Classic FF's (Furious Fuschia - or pink). Around my area you can get a fully loaded shiny FF RT for 32k Canadian. Factor in a paint job (even if the car does wear her balls on the outside), and you can get a 2010 RT for 32-35k.

Now that you have a whole lot more information, you have more power in saying NO and walking out without regretting things. Good hunting!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts