Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked an numerous brands; Kooks, ARH, Stainless works, BBK, etc. Which is the best? What things should I look for?

I have a 2019 scat pack, 6.4 L.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have JBA on my '16 Scat Pack. I'm really happy with the fit, installed myself. I had their CATS until I put the NOWEEDS in their place

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Do you care if they rust? Bbk and Jba use 409 stainless while kooks, ARH, Stainless works use 304 stainless. 304 stainless is stronger and more corrosive resistant than 409 but if you're on a budget 409 is fine

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you care if they rust? Bbk and Jba use 409 stainless while kooks, ARH, Stainless works use 304 stainless. 304 stainless is stronger and more corrosive resistant than 409 but if you're on a budget 409 is fine
Thoughts on 409 coated JBAs? Seems the coating would help with rust no? Also, any recommendations on high flow cats to match the JBAs? Can’t seem to find any.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thoughts on 409 coated JBAs? Seems the coating would help with rust no? Also, any recommendations on high flow cats to match the JBAs? Can’t seem to find any.
Mine came with the hi-flo CATs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Whatever brand you go with just get the matching midpipe from them so you know it uses the same connection. The coating on headers lasts about a year fwiw.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whatever brand you go with just get the matching midpipe from them so you know it uses the same connection. The coating on headers lasts about a year fwiw.
Can’t seem to find any match mids. Exhaust shop said they could be made and john flows attached in them

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Can’t seem to find any match mids. Exhaust shop said they could be made and john flows attached in them
Every header company sells a matching midpipe. For example my stainless works can only be bought with a midpipe too. I paid $960 with a Catless midpipe. What site are you looking on?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have had the ARH 1 3/4 on my 5.7 for 6 years now with no issues. After the custom tune it was like a whole new car. Now at 100k miles and it still pulls as hard as it always has.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Every header company sells a matching midpipe. For example my stainless works can only be bought with a midpipe too. I paid $960 with a Catless midpipe. What site are you looking on?
Was going to get the headers from American Muscle cause they have them in stock. Even on JBA I couldn’t find the mid pipe unless i’m blind and just missing it. Did some google searches too and found a cat less but said it was for a 5.7?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,076 Posts
Problem I heard with ceramic coating is the it can crack and if you live in a state that salts the road it can create problems especially on materials that rust. Although if the base material was 304 I would not think cracks would be an issue but it can generate hot spots.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
5.7 and 392 midpipe will be the same when it comes to long tube headers. Well assuming it's a 3" midpipe and comes with adapters to go down to either 2.5" for 5.7 or 2.75" for 392.
Was going to get the headers from American Muscle cause they have them in stock. Even on JBA I couldn’t find the mid pipe unless i’m blind and just missing it. Did some google searches too and found a cat less but said it was for a 5.7?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,076 Posts
5.7 and 392 midpipe will be the same when it comes to long tube headers. Atleast for the brands i know about
Don't forget pre-2017 5.7s had 2.5" exhaust so the mid-pipe to X-pipe is different between 6.4 and 5.7 for those years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
495 Posts
Check the link from speedlogix I sent above. I'd say the stainless works would fit but they don't use a v-band style clamp, but it wouldn't be to hard to make them work if you needed too. But the ones I sent from speedlogix are the matching midpipes for those headers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts