Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
435 Posts
What are some mods that you recommend for a beginner? CAI? Or what? I wish to take it at least to the lower 400hp.
Read away......

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,934 Posts
What are some mods that you recommend for a beginner? CAI? Or what? I wish to take it at least to the lower 400hp.
My first performance mod (with less than 1,000 miles on it) was tuned long tube headers, flow thru cats, an X-pipe, a catback exhaust and a custom tune. Shakers come stock with a CAI. This will get you 400hp at the crank.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The 5.7 is a great platform. I went to the 5.7 after driving a VW W8. Quick car, 6-speed manual with short gearing, but it did not have the pull of the V8. It was comparable to a V6.

The 5.7 was fine in stock form when I first bought it. Then I started modding it. One of the first most enjoyable mods was the cat back exhaust. It sounds really great, much better than the factory exhaust. Although the newer challengers ( ‘15 and up I think) with active valves sound pretty good. Over the years I’ve made changes as time and budget have allowed. I have enjoyed incremental performance upgrades and doing all the work myself. That adds about 50% more satisfaction for me. Power wise I’m between a 6.1 and a 6.4. Not bad for a li’l ol’ 5.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
The R/T can be a lot of fun! 370 horsepower is a nice step up if you've never owned a V8, and the A8 trans is definitely a big advantage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings all,

I will be buying my first ever V8 vehicle. I got offered a really good deal on a Challenger R/T 2019 Plus edition, Super Track pak, Drivers convenience group, 8 speed auto in a pitch black color. I have never owned a V8 before. "Fastest" I ever owned was a 06 Eclipse GT. I know most of you all will say "why not buy the Scat". The thing is, I went a little over my budged with this one even with 2019 clearance rebates, plus insurance for a Scat is way high from where I live, so Scats are out of a question. I want to know how was your experience owning a 5.7? Is still a fun car even if its not a Scat? How does it feel compared to previously owned vehicles? Can you feel the V8 power or is not worth it like most folk say?
I absolutely love my '12 R/T manual. It's plenty fast, has never gotten less that 20 mpg (generally around 23--once got 27.1 on a freeway run) and makes me happy every time I drive it or even look at it. Getting the super track pack is a great option. The 5.7 means that one can basically drive it anywhere without worrying about the cost of gas. My oldest friend has a Camaro SS 6.2--his is faster than mine but he basically gets 17.5, meaning he burns a gallon every two freeway exits (when out in the country), and the Challenger has a nicer interior.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Greetings all,

I will be buying my first ever V8 vehicle. I got offered a really good deal on a Challenger R/T 2019 Plus edition, Super Track pak, Drivers convenience group, 8 speed auto in a pitch black color. I have never owned a V8 before. "Fastest" I ever owned was a 06 Eclipse GT. I know most of you all will say "why not buy the Scat". The thing is, I went a little over my budged with this one even with 2019 clearance rebates, plus insurance for a Scat is way high from where I live, so Scats are out of a question. I want to know how was your experience owning a 5.7? Is still a fun car even if its not a Scat? How does it feel compared to previously owned vehicles? Can you feel the V8 power or is not worth it like most folk say?
I LOVE my baby. I got him with the 6 speed. The only thing done has been a mid muffler delete and it sounds amazing!

·
Registered
136 Posts
No regrets buying 2012 rt i get excited just looking at it through the window!! And cant help but have a smile on my fave every single time i hear it or get into it....next time il go for the stp and the 6 speed manual..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations on your recent purchase,
My Fiancé Alexis and I just bought ours a few month supply ago.
2019 r/t performance pack and a blacktop. Having owned a few V8’s prior to this one I can tell you personally this is a great vehicle. We purchased ours at 17 mi Andy currently have 3017 mi on it. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have. I’m not brave enough to mod the car myself but can’t wait to see what you do to yours.
All the best,
-T

·
Registered
21 Posts
You'd notice a difference going to a scatpack from a RT. Test drive both to see for yourself.
I just made the jump myself from a RT and am glad I did.
It's all dependant on you,though.

Also, black is a pain to keep clean. Looks great clean though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You'd notice a difference going to a scatpack from a RT. Test drive both to see for yourself.
I just made the jump myself from a RT and am glad I did.
It's all dependant on you,though.

Also, black is a pain to keep clean. Looks great clean though.
SCATS are out of my budget as stated in the Post. Question was on regards of the 5.7. Don't see how "I upgraded to a Scat" relates to the post.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts