Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Dodge lovers!

I'd be really thankful and appreciate your insight to my situation - never had one, always wanted one, now found one I really like.

It's 2013 RT 5,7 HEMI V8 310 kW manual with 99 000 km (61 500 miles) on it and they are selling it for 27 400 USD. Is that an appropriate price in your opinion? What things should I be sure to check and observe when I go see it? I mean is there something typical with these models that could in fact depreciate the value of the vehicle?

It also has "H&R" lowered suspension (not sure if that is the right word as I'm not native English speaker - undercarriage?). I understand what lowered/raised suspension means, but I've no idea what this specific modification means, my mechanical knowledge is def not the best, about average city guy I'd say. :) Also, I plan to drive this car around the city a lot, so if lowered suspension is enjoyable only on highways etc. and it's a pain in the city than that's not the right car for me.

Thank you for any insight!

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
144 Posts
Hi Royal welcome to the forum, I would recommend checking on KBB for used car prices these will be local for the US but might provide some guidelines for the cars value. As far as the lowering springs go H&R is a brand name providing aftermarket suspension parts for various cars, depending on the type of springs fitted to the car will depend on the ride height and ride comfort.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Not knowing details I put in a black 2013 R/T with 6 speed, standard options, and 61,500 miles into KBB for my area. Average private party value is $16,748.

·
Banned
155 Posts
First and most important step, pay for a CARFAX. I recently bought a 2012 RT Classic and I love it. I could have bought a new one but I like the 2014 and older styling and my mileage was low and the CARFAX was clean. They are more like the 1970 model. Stock the car sits pretty low. Some still want them lower but I am sure they once in a while hit stuff. Your price is too high. I paid $19,000.00 with 32,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,817 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Looks like you are in the Czech Republic, correct? This is a car already there? I understand prices are always higher for cars imported

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys thanks a lot for great welcoming recommendations!

Yes, it is a car dealer/reseller, hard to imagine they would resell shady cars but I will pay for the VIN check to be sure.

Yes, I am Czech and it is in the Czech republic. Since driving manuals is the only enjoyable experience for me I would not want to get automatic, but there are plenty of them around and they are roughly about 4000 USD cheaper. And ideally, I would like to keep it under 25 000 USD. I guess you confirmed that the reason for the price is - imported car and a small number of (6 speed) manuals around...

I will do some research on water pumps, cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make a close inspection for rust around the rockers and lower quarter panels (each side of the door). Telltale signs will be bubbling paint.
Also check that the recall for timing chain was done! Also thre alternator recall.... they had bad diodes. Can catch fire!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes alternator, water pump (look for staining around the pulley), timing chain guide recall. Also check how it shifts when cold and when warm. If it sticks in gear and does not want to come out of gear, that would be the lack of grease on the clutch input shaft. Not common, but it does happen as it did on mine. It was more pronounced when it was warmed up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2012 R/T manual trans and absolutely love it. I have had very few issues--it has 62,000 and is basically like new.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all Dodge lovers!

I'd be really thankful and appreciate your insight to my situation - never had one, always wanted one, now found one I really like.

It's 2013 RT 5,7 HEMI V8 310 kW manual with 99 000 km (61 500 miles) on it and they are selling it for 27 400 USD. Is that an appropriate price in your opinion? What things should I be sure to check and observe when I go see it? I mean is there something typical with these models that could in fact depreciate the value of the vehicle?

It also has "H&R" lowered suspension (not sure if that is the right word as I'm not native English speaker - undercarriage?). I understand what lowered/raised suspension means, but I've no idea what this specific modification means, my mechanical knowledge is def not the best, about average city guy I'd say. :) Also, I plan to drive this car around the city a lot, so if lowered suspension is enjoyable only on highways etc. and it's a pain in the city than that's not the right car for me.

Thank you for any insight!
That’s funny . I got my challenger rt classic 2011 at 61 k miles as well. Now has 80 k and a cat back and tune. I got mine for 18 k and I the only problem I’ve had is the key fob . It’s a very nice car IMO and is fun as hell. I daily drive it and have had it for two years and the key fob is the only thing wrong although it’s an easy fix it’s just kind of annoying. Personally I think 27k is way to much . I’ve seen 2011 srts for that price

1 - 13 of 13 Posts