Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! I just recently got a challenger hellcat and have seen videos all over the internet about how these aftermarket intakes can increase the whine that we all love to a crazy loudness! I’ve seen a lot of bwoodys on chargers and LMI on challengers, why is that? Do bwoodys work or sound better on a charger rather than an LMI on a charger, and the same for challenger. Do LMI work or sound better on a challenger? Or does it really all come down to preference?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
It's personal preference, I like the Lmi more because carbon fiber. There's also some possibility that the LMI carbon fiber intake won't heatsoak as bad as the bwoody

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have a lmi on my charger. Like the sound and seems to not heat soak so bad. Just takes a little more to install.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
What more does the install require on the LMI that isn’t required on the woody?
On the 5.7 it reaches way down in the fender that's probably why, it's very straightforward for the hellcat version

·
Registered
873 Posts
I suppose we should clarify what actual intakes we are talking about...

The lmi on my charger is the true cold air. You have to use a hole saw to open up the fender gap as the filter sits within the gap between the fender and front bumper/support. This is the biggest advantage of this intake: cold air.

I don’t see any Bwoody that mounts the same.

If you are talking the short ram style lmi, the only advantage it has was said above, carbon fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts