Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to bypass the humidity sensor located on the windshield to the right of the rear view mirror. I stumbled across a thread a while ago where a guy claimed you could use a jumper between two of the wires on the sensor to trick it but I haven't had any luck.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
the humidity sensor is there to turn on A/C to keep windows clear.

If you don't want A/C operation, turn fan to manual speed setting (simply rotating the fan knob, takes fan out of AUTO mode), select a vent position that isn't floor / blend / windshield and push AC button (so its not lighted) and you'll have outside air w/o AC compressor operation. I believe that any vent positions with air directing to windshield may still override with AC operation.

I do this on milder days when I want to drive with windows down and don't want AC function - just outside air at whatever temperature setting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you want to go this? The whole purpose of the system is to dry the air.
the humidity sensor is there to turn on A/C to keep windows clear.

I have my reasons, I am capable of turning the ac on when needed. Now that I'm running the heater this time of year I am getting a funky smell because the ac kicks on with the heat.

If you don't want A/C operation, turn fan to manual speed setting (simply rotating the fan knob, takes fan out of AUTO mode), select a vent position that isn't floor / blend / windshield and push AC button (so its not lighted) and you'll have outside air w/o AC compressor operation. I believe that any vent positions with air directing to windshield may still override with AC operation.

I do this on milder days when I want to drive with windows down and don't want AC function - just outside air at whatever temperature setting.
Thanks for the info about the floor/blend setting. Yes, there are so many instances where I like to just blow fresh air from the outside in (especially in the mornings) but the sensor will always turn the ac on intermittently.

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
Compressor on defrost dehumidies the air from passengers breath and keeps the compressor active all year round

1 - 5 of 5 Posts