Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious...I saw this post on the "Mopar '10" thread:

As to the question above about Mopar'10 tuning.
Not sure about how they were tuned... but the 6sp cars have a D-code, software load in them.
Diablo never made a tune for it... so if you try to use their tuner it will downgrade it to the factory C-load 1st.
At that point you will loose the original factory tune that was on that D-code software forever.

What does this mean? How do I tell if my car has the C-Tune or the D-Tune? I have Mopar '10 #483, but I'm really asking to see if I can tell this about my friend's new 2014 Charger R/T. He wants to modify his Charger right away, and I'm trying to send him in the right direction. Thank you!

JS

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
If you have a tuner, hook it up and marry it to your ECU. It will tell you your code version.
It isn't what model of car you have (M6 or A5) but the year it was made and the ECU it has. MY '11 & '12 have AD & AE code which the Trinity supports. '13s+ have AF - AG or maybe AH by now which is also supported by the Trinity. The AB (pre '11s) code was supported by the Predator (I believe). I think the crom file version will determine if the tuner will rewrite your orig. backup tune to a different version. Some of the ADs got rewrote to AE back in the 2012s and I think the AFs are getting rewritten to AG but I'm not certain. Either way, it is a red flag for a good tech at the dealer. They know what version code your car shipped from the factory with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts