Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a notice of suspension for plate due to lack of proof of insurance. TRACPAC1. Plate is TRACPAC no 1. Sent the notice back explaining I no longer own the 09. Got a second notice. I resent the Release of liability. ASA can’t help.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Mid-size car
Text Document Font Paper
Text Document Paper Font Paper product
Text Font Paper Document Paper product
Text Font Material property Label Paper

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry. There is more. DMV makes Ellis Island seem like Sun Pass. I’d just pay the $14 just to get rid of the problem but proof Of insurance now is for a different VIN.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
This has to get escalated as the entry level clerk has zero ability change anything. If you have any paperwork like old insurance policy or registration to show the plate is incorrect, they’d have to acknowledge they don’t match with the current state records.
You should try to get that plate run and see who and what it comes back to.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
In Oregon you are supposed to fill out and mail in a "I sold my car" form. I also remove my plates from the car, that forces the new owner to go to DMV. A local guy sold his Volvo to Some Guy for cash, never sent in the form nor took the plates off. New owner never registered it, drove it to Colorado. To this day he still gets parking tickets, photo radar tickets etc. He's having a hard time renewing his drivers license because of it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sounds like you’re gonna have to get a live DMV person to resolve this. Best of luck to you. In Maryland, oh the nasty things that will happen if you don’t have insurance. Up to a $2000 fine plus admin fees, license suspension, barred from registering another vehicle, $25 to reinstate plus fees, and more. All levied by the DMV. I have learned to turn in plates a day before canceling insurance, not vice versa (ask me how I know!)
Oh. Plus, as required by law, in Maryland we have to use the terms “MVA” and “tags” instead of real English words that the rest of the country uses. Notice how seemingly easy I made that transposition in the paragraph above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Oh. Plus, as required by law, in Maryland we have to use the terms “MVA” and “tags” instead of real English words that the rest of the country uses.
Don't worry, other states don't like using DMV, beside Maryland. Missouri uses DoR ( Dept. of Revenue )

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
Do you have AAA? See if they can assist/advise

A Guy

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AAA says re submit the release fo liability online. Tried that. No match. Can’t complete form. Tells me I’m not linked to the 09. Or plate not linked to VIN.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
826 Posts
TRACPAC1 has 8 chracters. Ca limit is 7. Can’t be anyones plate.
There's your problem. The imbeciles at DMV are putting in TRACPAC1 and it doesn't exist. A similar thing happened to me years ago when they were inputting zeros instead of the letter O.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
So the DMV says they are suspending the registration of a car you don’t drive, and they are identifying it with a tag/vin that doesn’t match your current license plate or car’s vin?

Where is the problem?

What’s going to happen? A cop runs your plate and it won’t match the suspended one, so you’re good.

If they pull you over and try to match the suspended registration to the car’s VIN, that won’t match either.

Where’s the problem?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the DMV says they are suspending the registration of a car you don’t drive, and they are identifying it with a tag/vin that doesn’t match your current license plate or car’s vin?

Where is the problem?

What’s going to happen? A cop runs your plate and it won’t match the suspended one, so you’re good.

If they pull you over and try to match the suspended registration to the car’s VIN, that won’t match either.

Where’s the problem?
When license renewal time comes, some public servant will discover an outstanding fine. Can’t be ignored.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would go to a title service and get this taken care. They usually go to DMV once a day when they where open, and go up to the dealer's window without having to wait in a long line. They should be able to get this taken care of with your documents. However, I don't think that CA DMV offices are open. If they are open for appointments, then the title service should be able to explain what happened and rectify this issue for you. Not fun dealing with the CA DMV.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
DMV all open, yes

A Guy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts