Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around the forum for a while now and finally purchased a used 2010 SRT8 challenger. This is my first post. The purchase was from a dealer in Kentucky. The car had K & N airflow system part number 63-1114 which is not CA smog approved, which was not known at the time of purchase. The smog place said a EO number is needed in order to pass the visual inspection. K & N said they can not give an EO number since the part still has not been approved by CA. Any suggestions for an easy way to pass the smog test. I tried the take-off parts guy on the forum to get a used original equipment part, but his website said the part is sold out. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestion you might have that can help pass this test so the car can be driven will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Where in California? If the OC in your screen name is for Orange County, then I'm sure we can find you either a stock air box or an old Mopar CAI that you can borrow to pass smog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point I wish the OC did stand for Orange County, but it does not. I am actually in Santa Clarita. However, I might drive to OC to get that done. I have work that takes me to OC once a month. I have not gone yet in December.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I might be able to help you out with a stock SRT air box and tube. PM sent.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
If your SRT just came in from KY to CA, then you have less than a month to get it smogged.

If you're running out of time and need a stock box in a hurry, I have one that you can barrow for the test.

If you're interested, send me a PM. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
At this point I wish the OC did stand for Orange County, but it does not. I am actually in Santa Clarita. However, I might drive to OC to get that done. I have work that takes me to OC once a month. I have not gone yet in December.
I still have my srt air box. Give me a PM if you still need one, I live close to you i'm in palmdale:thumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wow---nice to see so many guys willing to help this guy out. What a great bunch of guys on this forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I can say is wow. Thanks to all the forum members stepping up to try and help me out. I am trying to get this resolved as quick as I can so I can drive the car without worrying about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Passed the test

I want to say thank you to all the forum members who stepped up to try and help me out with this CA smog problem. A special thanks to lowwlife who not only let me use his air box, but met me out on the road, help me take off the K & N and install the stock air box. I took the car in again and passed the smog test with no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
I want to say thank you to all the forum members who stepped up to try and help me out with this CA smog problem. A special thanks to lowwlife who not only let me use his air box, but met me out on the road, help me take off the K & N and install the stock air box. I took the car in again and passed the smog test with no problems.
I'm glad I could help you out michael, it was good meeting you. Your car looks sweet with those custom wheels:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Karl is the man. That is why people are there for him cuz he is always there for them.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
WTG Karl! :bigthumb:

That was really nice of you to step up to Mike's plate. :bigthumb:

I tip my hat to you. ;)

Nice going!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts