Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do most manufacturers offer street legal super chargers for CA? For example, on Vortech's web site it says: "Vortech is working towards an exemption for vehicles equipped with LEV2 ULEV Engines. Currently, systems for these vehicles are not smog legal in California, except for racing/off-road vehicles which may never be used upon a public highway."

Does that apply to our HEMIs (5.7L)? I know the E-Force is 50 states legal. Any others? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
The Vortech Hemi system is fifty state legal.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That is good to know.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Kenne Bell, liquid cooled, 2.8C, twin screw supercharger has a CARB sticker which is why I bought it. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I liked California...

...but even having to ask this question is reason enough for me to stay clear of that heavy regulation/tax zone. Furthermore, I doubt 20% of my weapons are legal there.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The Vortech Hemi system is fifty state legal.
50 state legal is not the same as CARB( California Air Resource Board) Legal. If it doesn't come with a CARB EO (Executive Order) sticker it is not legal in California. Confirm your parts come with that sticker or don't buy them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
...but even having to ask this question is reason enough for me to stay clear of that heavy regulation/tax zone. Furthermore, I doubt 20% of my weapons are legal there.
Virginia beach/California beacheS. Ummm I think I will deal with the smog Nazi's here lol. Just kidding man. Every place has its perks. Im looking at a high of 75 degrees today, can drive my garage queen all year long, women are well its CA. I don't want to list the cons to CA that could become an ever growing list. LOL

As I stated my Kenne Bell system has a sticker and is good to go here. I hope this helps the OP.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are the 2011+ ProChargers CARB approved? Ive been giving some serious thoughts to that kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
260 Posts
There is still no CARB for Procharger system, 5.7 or 392. I had been watching for over a year. They pretty much ignore the CA market, very disappointed. I am stuck with wanting an air to air intercooled centrifugal system, just my preference.

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is still no CARB for Procharger system, 5.7 or 392. I had been watching for over a year. They pretty much ignore the CA market, very disappointed. I am stuck with wanting an air to air intercooled centrifugal system, just my preference.
Bummer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts