Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For complate step by step pictures with descriptions in each picture, visit my photobucket page and click on Passenger Cabin Filter Install. Hope this helps some of the members. The total install was 1.5 hours and that's working slow and taking pictures along the way. Have fun!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, freakn photbucket loaded the pictures backwards so the just start at the end for the beginning. Huh? lol. I'll fix it later.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Nice picture presentation of the install.:bigthumb: I see you left the factory installed plenum box and just installed the new inner parts/filter. Smart:thumbsup: I made the mistake of pulling out the entire box on my 09 Challenger and installed the box contained in the kit (which appeared to be identical).:eek: Talk about a PITA and a bunch of extra aggravation for nothing.:headbang:
You can bet I didn't make that same mistake again with my 10.:browsmiley:
This will definitely be helpful to anyone who wants to do this mod.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
great pictures. can't you just buy the filter insert and filter? or does it only come as an entire housing with the insert and filter?

·
Registered
406 Posts
great pictures. can't you just buy the filter insert and filter? or does it only come as an entire housing with the insert and filter?
It comes as an entire housing w/ the insert and filter. Kind of annoying that they don't let you buy it separately, but it is what it is.

Great pics of the install man! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Great post but why Dodge did not install this in our cars in the first place??? is it the price? if so it does not make any sense to save money on 45K cars!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great post but why Dodge did not install this in our cars in the first place??? is it the price? if so it does not make any sense to save money on 45K cars!
You know, I never really paid attention to this compartment before until I bought the kit. For the life of me I can't figure out why they left out the filter and inner housing. Heck, they could have added 50 bucks to the price of the car for all I care. Alot of steps just to install the inner piece. Not to mention I have an extra freaking outer box now. Maybe I'll hang it up in the garage and throw my dirty microfibers in it!!

I'm glad some of you enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for mentioning it on the thread. Takes some time to take pics of an install, downloading and putting a caption on them so the thanks is appreciated.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts