Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Do you really need to buy the kit? Would just the filter work? I'm thinking maybe just stuffing some filters in the hole should do the trick no?
That will not work. You need the bracket that holds the filter in place. I do not know the part number for this piece alone.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The whole kit is really not that expensive. In fact it's not a whole lot more than replacement filters cost....:lol:

I did only the insert in mine as well. The main box is slightly different however. If you try to fit the standard "screen" panel into the cabin filter main housing it will not go. Fortunately the other way around is not a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Did this mod last Sunday. Took me about 90 minutes and was a piece of cake. :bigthumb:

Thanks to all that contributed to this mod. I still can't figure out why Dodge just didn't install one of these in the first place. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
545 Posts
My wifes Honda has one of these....the filter is stored behind the glove compartment...it pulls out and takes 2 seconds to replace......this is annoying that it is not the same or similar.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
My wifes Honda has one of these....the filter is stored behind the glove compartment...it pulls out and takes 2 seconds to replace......this is annoying that it is not the same or similar.
Replacing the filter take about the same amount of time, it's the fact that this option was not available on our cars that is really odd.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Uuhh ok. All this just to change a freaking filter? Dayaam, you boys are hard core. I think I will just live with dirty filters that's to much work. Good write up though but to much work for me. If I'm gonna go through all that I wanna be able to see and show people what I did.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Uuhh ok. All this just to change a freaking filter? Dayaam, you boys are hard core. I think I will just live with dirty filters that's to much work. Good write up though but to much work for me. If I'm gonna go through all that I wanna be able to see and show people what I did.
Changing the filter is easy, takes like 10 seconds. Dodge cheapened out on 08, 09, 10 challengers as they did not put the housing in for the filter to go. Once you get that housing in, all is good to just change that filter yearly or whenever.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
156 Posts
Kinda funny I get all the way down to the last few post of this very long thread to find out rrrr i have a 2012 with the filter box option already there....:disgust: I was all set to go buy it and that cool 4 point strut brace while I had everything apart...lol:guiness:I guess I will pull out the filter and check it seeing how my curiosity is all lathered up...lol:scatter:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was wondering what that filter was my 14 R/T already has it , way cool one less option I don't have to buy !!

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I'll have to verify fitment but I think the 300 cabin air filter element is interchangeable with this kit. AutoZone part number CF10364.
I'll pull my filter out and see if I can get a part number off of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I new to the Challenger world. I just bought a 2010 Challenger R/T and the first mod I tackled today was the cabin air filter mod. I want to thank mokeman3 for the excellent pic/write up tutorial. I followed your instuctions exactly and completed this under 1 hour! Again thank you and I'll get some pics up shortly of my new ride!

Rjones3023

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Nice write-up. You're correct that this area of the car was designed by sleep deprived apes.

I didn't need to remove the bar on my R/T. Wrap the ends with a towel and you can just move it out of the way.
kinduva harsh insult for sleep-deprived apes, isn't it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is beyond shitty engineering lapse of common sense car manufacturing ...no f....ing cabin air filter..? .just unreal. . I bought a piece of universal air conditioning filter and crammed it in the f...ing hole. Screw dodge and their finish your own car after u buy it shit. This is ridiculous (hangs head in disgust )
So anyway my crammed filter works good , no dust in the cabin. If u don't want to go through all the above steps and buy More crap , do the cram .

61 - 80 of 83 Posts