Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know where and how to plug the sound tube that’s in the cabin? I do commute a lot and was wondering if I could plug it.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
618 Posts
This made me smile.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,666 Posts
Plug the sound tube, to prevent sound from flowing? You guys seem to know, what are we talking about?

A Guy

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Plug the sound tube, to prevent sound from flowing? You guys seem to know, what are we talking about?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Ford has a tube on their intake that runs through the firewall behind the dash somewhere that lets engine sound into the cabin. Dumbest thing ever.
The Lexus IS200t F-Sport has something similar, called an "Active Sound Generator" with an ASC button on the dash to turn it off.

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
When the engine is so muted (and cabin insulation) - they resort to having a resonance tube connected to the firewall.

Even more lame is when they pipe "engine" sounds through the stereo system:

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
When the engine is so muted (and cabin insulation) - they resort to having a resonance tube connected to the firewall.

Even more lame is when they pipe "engine" sounds through the stereo system:

So when I hear my challenger, I want to be sure it is my Challenger so I always roll the windows down when traveling between 2 concrete barriers, on a bridge or in a tunnel or under an over pass, and "Nail it" just to make sure!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,666 Posts
Lol, thanks all, was thinking some audio add on

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Here is a Tesla S with a Ferrari V12 engine sound!

It uses the Sound Racer device, that plays exotic engine sounds through your car stereo's FM transmitter, that matches your engine's rpm in real time.

According to its website, "The technology in SoundRacer is based on signals (electrical noise) in the electrical cables from the AC alternator.The signal’s frequency follows the engine speed and the SoundRacer detects the signal and transforms it to a simulated rpm. The increase in simulated rpm is then multiplied with a factor in order to produce a more exciting impression of acceleration without running the car’s engine at high rpm. Based on the changes in rpm, SoundRacer produces different sounds; idling, acceleration at lower rpm, acceleration at higher rpm and deceleration."

Why spend thousands on engine mods? For only $49.99, you can choose sounds from the following cars. Start lining up to buy one!
  • SHELBY MUSTANG COBRA V8
  • FERRARI 512 V12
  • LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO V10
  • LEXUS LFA V10J

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
9 Posts
Hey everyone....here’s an idea. Just have your engine make good noise and you won’t have to “pipe it in” or
fake it with the audio system 🤔 🤣

1 - 18 of 18 Posts