Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the console cable hook up for the iPod will not charge the iPod Touch or if there is a modification that will allow the Touch to be charged through this cable?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It should, my RER w/ cable charges my ipod Touch without a problem.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,020 Posts
first gen charges fine using the power source in the arm rest

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
My 2nd gen didn't seem to charge well using the cable in the console, my 4th gen charges just fine, although i've noticed that plugging it in via usb cable to the nav stereo front usb port charges it faster.

·
Registered
574 Posts
blame apple, they changed the charing circuit in ipods at some point so older ipods only charge with older chargers / cables and newer ipods with newer cables / chargers. Basically they charge on a different wire in the cables now

my iphone wouldnt charge so I bought an adapter that allowed both charging wires to charge, so you can charge old and new ipods with it.

i cant even remember what it was called now, ill try and remember to check the name of it when im in the car and post back

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
i just bought a cable and my dodge dealer had two part #'s one was for the 3g phone and itouch and the other everything else. he gave me the one for the 3g to use with my 4g and it didn't work so we tried the other one and it workes fine. so they do have two cables and they are different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts