Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any instruction or guidance for mounting my trinity 2 cable in my 2017 scat.

I purchased an odb2 expansion adapter with my tazer and have that plugged in and tucked up and zip tied in the dash.

The spare odb2 port is mounted to the stock location and I currently have the trinity cable plugged in and routed up and wr my steering wheel with my trinity sitting in the passenger seat.

Would like to route up through my dash but don't see how that would be possible with drilling a hole for the cable to come out of the dash.

Any suggestions or examples would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
When I had my trinity, I had it mounted in my gauge pod (had an A pillar - 2 pod) and the cable ran down the front, left A pillar to one side of a splitter. The other side of the splitter was snapped back into the factory OBD2 port opening. That way the tazer would sit in the factory location OBD2 port location. One thing with having the trinity always plugged in (T1 not T2 which I hope they fixed) I would notice my battery would get low after a couple of weeks. The splitter I used looked like this.

BTW you could get a bypass cable from tazer, that way you can keep the tazer plugged in but in the trunk.

I would not drill the dash but slot the stock A pillar cover where it sits near the dash if you don't plan on getting a pillar type gauge pod. Way cheaper to replace the pillar cover than the dash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah I have the same adapter and could run it as you described. Basically swapping plug locations of the tazer and t2 and running the t2 cable up to the pillar and out.

Thanks, thats what I was looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts