Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was about to order Tropical Storm from speedlogix and never received a response, So I ended up loaning money to a friend, but anyways how much RWHP gains should I expect to receive? I know the Tsat is to help performance as far as cooling down the engine, catch can keeps her healthy, Tune opens her up and intake allows better air. I go to the track enough to want to gain an easy .2 on my 1/8 track, is this possible? I run 8.6-8.7 and want to run 8.4-8.5. Please tell me it's possible :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
from what i have gathered on these forums, since you have the auto...yes, that will get you .2. the predator helps the autos more than the 6 speeds. to be honest, if you got a good set of rear tires, that would probably almost guarantee the .2 over any other mod you can do!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what i have gathered on these forums, since you have the auto...yes, that will get you .2. the predator helps the autos more than the 6 speeds. to be honest, if you got a good set of rear tires, that would probably almost guarantee the .2 over any other mod you can do!
Thanks bro! If I can get 8.4 that would put me around 13 flat. These new 5.0's are running street tires at my track and run 8.5. I would love to kill one in an auto R/T w/ just a tune and a CAI. It's as simple as getting em at the tree if I can get 8.4,8.5.. Come one guys give some more info!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a manual 2009 R/T with CAI, Diablo Tuner, and 185 T-stat.
I've noticed immediate results with the CAI and Diablo, and its awesome.
I never felt any difference with the T-stat. I think it was a waste of money.
Granted, I've never dyno-ed my car beside the Butt Dyno. But still, I was pretty irritated with the T-stat because even with it installed, I'm still hitting temps of like 205 and I don't notice a difference.

Next thing for me to do if at is exhaust. You can pump in all the air you want but if you can't get rid of it faster, you won't go faster.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ive got about that, the k&n drop in, 180 t-stat, and 93 cai predator tune in. I can feel a pretty good difference thrashing around the street, but have not been able to get to the track yet to see the difference in the 1/4.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you say you feel the difference on the street what do you guys mean? Acceleration, Take off, Shift, It would be my first mod sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yeah, feel like it gets going faster, mines manual so I feel like i have to shift faster cause it runs through quicker, better response. The burnouts are much better. Pass folks quicker on the highway. All around more confidence in the car.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Perhaps I was wrong, but I thought I read somewhere converting over an SRT8 intake to the RT with a K&N produced almost identical results to a CAI.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Perhaps I was wrong, but I thought I read somewhere converting over an SRT8 intake to the RT with a K&N produced almost identical results to a CAI.
yeah i think your right. in itzrick's thread about the cai or the one about K&n drop in. something like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts